Manifolding & repotting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manifolding & repotting?

I am a few days into the 2nd week of veg. I repotted the seedlings in 1 gallon pots on 11/18 - and then found a thread about manifolding and a technique that the poster says he can get a pound per plant at harvest. I decided I would like to give his method a try. My questions is: can I start manifolding in the 1 gallon pots and move up to larger cloth bags when the plants are big enough - or - should I move to the cloth bags now, just 1 week after moving the seedlings to the 1 gallon pots?
    Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I’d stay with the one gallon pots for now, and transplant as needed. You won’t have an issue topping/tying etc as long as you wait for the roots to develop first in the one gallon pot. Remember that this is stressing your plant out, so waiting for transplant shock to end and have a good root ball established, that’s a good time to work on her. Remember again to wait a week if you’re going to transplant again (to minimize shock)

just to double check; these are photoperiod ladies correct?

Comment

You can really start anytime. Usually with manifolds, there is a period of growth you need for the branches to become long enough to bend down and tie to the pot. Let it develop some roots in the 1 gal for another week or two. You can still make your topping cut to start the process of a good manifold.

Comment

To GA & CW - thanks for the prompt replies. I will start with the manifold this afternoon and plan for moving to the larger pots as needed.

Comment

As long as the stems haven't hardened too much you should be good to go on manifolding. Agree with the sticking to the 1gal for awhile before moving up.
          Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X