I can't seem to find an example of this leaf problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't seem to find an example of this leaf problem

Well now several of my plants that are in veg have been yellowing with these tiny tiny speckled Brown spots in the yellow. I'll pull up 5 or 6 and then the next day go up there and they'll be another 10 or 12. These are in coast of Maine soil, 7 gallon grow bags, under viparspectra lights, humidity around 50% temps between 78 and 80. I would take photographs of the plant itself but under those LED lights I don't think that would show much. I feed them the Botanicare nutrient line. I have done so for the last three years and never had this problem. I am doing nothing different.
    these started out in 3 gallon grow bags, and then I moved them up to 7 so they would have fresh soil. I cannot find an example of this exact issue anywhere on gwe. Any ideas? Plants that are in trouble while they are in veg is bad news I am aware!
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Looks like a fungus infection. Leaf Septoria seems to fit the bill. https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog...is-plants-n678
    2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
    2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
    2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
    2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

No I'm sorry to tell you this looks nothing like leaf septoria. Leaf septoria begins with bright yellow spots on a nice green leaf. The leaves have become very pale with tiny tiny flecks of brown. I'm thinking nutrient lockout.
      We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
      8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

Sometimes fungus can disguise itself. There are a few different ones that cause the disease. The photo in the link looked very similar. Hard to tell in photos, I suppose. Seems to me if you are doing nothing different with soil and nutes that you should get a consistent result. New strain?
      2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
      2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
      2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
      2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

SoOrbudgal , I'm embarrassed to admit this but in the years I've been growing I've only actually soil flush my plants once. I was having a problem and it didn't help at all. Perhaps I have just been lucky, although there are some schools of thought that spoil flushing isn't necessary. At this point I need to go ahead and do it. They are in 7 gallon cloth pots in coast of Maine soil. Do I need to pour 35 gallons of pure pH'd water through each one?
        We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
        8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          If you could carry them outdoors frankly i'd just flush with the garden hose if that's possible for you at this time of year? You want to see clear water out the bottom. I bet you got snow on the ground now though huh? Put them in your bathtub yes you'd have to run at least 2gal i would think per pot. No worries these are gonna look like crap for couple weeks are they a mix of photos and autos?

I would take a 30x zoom lens and give them a good look over for bugs, just to eliminate this possibility.

Comment

SoOrbudgal yes I have 2 Super autos, in the same room a number of smaller autos, and I also have several photoperiods. The super Autos are over 90 days old and are well in flower. I'm worried that flushing them at this point could make things worse. They are in 7 gallons cloth pots and I thought I had to pour in about 35 gallons of water? For each pot? And I thought I was supposed to pH it to 6.5? That would be wonderful if I could just carry them down to the bathtub and flush them out with my well water. PH of my well water runs about 7
          We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
          8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

Rwise, I don't have any kind of lens like that, and I really feel that this is nutrient lockout. These Grow rooms are extremely clean. I am always cleaning and checking for bugs or disease. That said I do now have the added problem of p.m. I have been trying to treat it with neem oil, or hydrogen peroxide spray. It is not a bad problem but it's definitely there.
            We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
            8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              You can pick up a jewelers loupe fairly cheap, mine does 30 and 60 times and has an LED. Dont use neem on flowers. H2O2 did not work on WPM for me, apple cider vinegar and water did. Of course make sure there is good air flow, trim if needed.

Thank you Rwise. I'll try that. This has been a terrible year. Never had problems in The Grow rooms before. Seems like it's one thing on top of another. Have a good Thanksgiving and a good holiday and stay safe!
            We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
            8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              My hardest grows are inside, I have more bug issues than outside by far. I am going to do a preventative spray on these and see if I can keep them bug free. I'll use spinosad inside unless I can open the doors then ISO and water. Its been an odd year to say the least!

Greenpassion For what it's worth bro, if they were mine I'd flush with 3 or 4 gal. of ph'ed water. In the last gal. 1/2 str. nutes and a good dose of cal-mag, then sit back and relax. Wait for the magic.

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMO View Post
              Greenpassion For what it's worth bro, if they were mine I'd flush with 3 or 4 gal. of ph'ed water. In the last gal. 1/2 str. nutes and a good dose of cal-mag, then sit back and relax. Wait for the magic.
              I'm with you PRIMO my plant looked like those pics and the problem was calcium deficiency.
              Calcium deficiencies cause tiny brown spots that appear on new and middle growth. Learn how to fix this problem for good!

-Grouchy
              My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
              I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
              Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

I am so stressed about this. Some of these plants had just been retarded with new soil into 7 gallon grow bags. Now there's four of them that are dropping leaves some of the leaves are crispy after they turned yellow and weak. I'm wondering if there was something going on in the soil that I repotted them repotted them in. I'm going to flush them one plant a day. I have to carry them down to the first floor of the house and put them in the bathtub. If this doesn't work I don't know what I'm going to do. Some of these super autos are in their last few weeks of flowering. This is terrible!
                We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
                8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X