Has Anyone Gone Organic With Fox Farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Anyone Gone Organic With Fox Farm

When I first started growing I used Fox Farm nutes and soil and had my best results with respect to harvest weight. I am now trying to find a way to grow organic Cannabis. I found that some of the Fox Farm nutes are OMRI or CDFA certified, https://foxfarm.com/product-category...anic-gardening. These are Big Bloom, Kelp Me Kelp You & Wholly Mackerel. I was wondering if anyone else was just using these nutes and what their results were?
    5' x 5' Gorilla Grow Tent (flower) AC Infinity Cloudline T8, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System with Temperature and Humidity Controller
    3' x 3'Gorilla Grow Tent (veg) AC Infinity Cloudline S6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller

Two 2' T-5 fixtures with 4 tubes each for veg
    Two Electric Sky 300 V2 Wideband LED grow lights for flower

Water only / Super soil from KIS Organics

Current favorites: Aurora Indica, Nebula CBD, Northern Light, Pure Power Plant

I use the ff grow big my only experience with fox farms. I've used per instruction not had a single issue. +jinks+
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I’m using FF trio and Wholly MAC. Don’t know anything about the kelp but the grow big and WM are both supplements and actually don’t offer a lot of nutrition. If you’re wanting to go organic look into building your own living soil.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        True that Xena i build my soils and just use this other as i see the plants needs it. I agree with having the living soil using these supplements in my case is when the soil is used up.

Yes I’m my opinion using bottled nutrients is not organic. You would have to mix your own soil and add dry amendments. If the plants show any signs of deficiencies maybe a small top dress of dry amendments is all that’s needed. Also some amendments are not recommended like bone meal and blood meal always come to mind first. Reason why is because they can come with disease. Definitely don’t want to add that to you soil. Alfalfa is a good replacement.

Comment

I hear you guys on building one's own soil and agree. My issue is that currently I just don't have the time or knowledge to build my own soil.
        5' x 5' Gorilla Grow Tent (flower) AC Infinity Cloudline T8, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System with Temperature and Humidity Controller
        3' x 3'Gorilla Grow Tent (veg) AC Infinity Cloudline S6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller

Comment

I noticed you have a water only/super soil from KIS Organics. Are you having issues with that soil? There is a grower on YouTube by the name Joshua Steensland he uses that very same soil and has great results. He had been MIA for about a year and just recently started posting videos and growing again. This whole time he just let the soil dry out and he made a video on what he does to bring it back to life check him out. I believe all he did was water the soil and did a compost extract that’s it and his plants are growing very nice with no issues. He is also growing different eat veggies in the same soil as a way to show that you don’t really need much to Bring good soil back to life as long as you have what it needs to function in your case I believe you have everything you need.Hope that helps.

Comment

Yes I am Cali. That is why I started supplementing with nutes. I used to pull ~3 ounces per plant when I started growing using Fox Farm soil the the Dirty Dozen. When I started using water only/super soil from KIS Organics and went from my SunSystem 315 LEC to two Electric Sky 300 LED lights my yields went down to 1 ounce per plant. The soil was on sale so I suspect it had lost some potency. I learned from two sources that sometimes it is okay to use organic nutes with ones' water only/super soil.

I just need to be able to produce enough to have enough inventory so that I don't have to worry about the next harvest not getting me through to the following harvest. I also want to start making concentrates from bud and not trim.

I think that you mentioned Joshua Steenland to me before and I watched his YouTube video. Since he is no longer MIA, I will check out his new vids.

Comment

Have you tried to contact Tad about this? When I have issues I email him and he may take a while to reply sometimes but he always tries to help. I don’t use his soil I use the Clackamas Coot soil Mix from Buildasoil. But you have his mix so he will know how to help. I believe he recommends Blumats to keep his mix at optimum moisture levels. That is an issue I’m working on. I have Blumats but have had a hard time dialing them in mostly because I give up and lack of a place to put the reservoir. I believe once I do that my yields will be better. What I do is I grow 4 plants in my 20 gallon pot. I have two pots in a 2x4 tent. That has helped me get variety and can help increase yields without having to grow very large plants. If only you lived out in California to be able to communicate easier so we can get you where you want to be in your grow. anyways any questions go ahead and ask I’m willing to help out as much as I can. At Buildasoil.com if you go to the menu tab and click on the blog you will find info on how to water living soil and VPD charts that will definitely help in increasing yields. Another thing I do if I feel my pots are lacking something I make a tea of hydrated kelp meal or I bubble some alfalfa with kelp meal and 24 to 48 hrs later I see a very noticeable improvement in my plants health. You can find that info on that same page. Sorry fo the long write up.

Comment

Hi Cali, I contacted Tad about this and I believe he was one of two people who mentioned supplementing my water only/super soil with nutes. I've looked at the Blumats but they can be problematic and I would need a large reservoir placed above my plants. I grow 6 plants at a time in my 5' x 5' tent. My problem right now is that I work about 60 hours a week. Though I don't live in California I am legal in my state. Don't worry about the long write up. Better too much information than not enough. Eventually I want to build my own soil but for the next few years that is probably not an option unless I win some kind of lotto.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X