Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Ona gel in the room where the grow tent is located?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Ona gel in the room where the grow tent is located?

Hi, I have som wonders on using Ona gel.

I run a small stealth grow box (2 x 1,5 x 2 feet) in which I grow autos, in a room that is 50 square feet.

The fan exhaust runs through a carbon filter. But now already before blom you can feel the odor. So I figure I should neutralize it using Ona gel.

The problem is that the grow box sucks in air from the room (where I want to use Ona), that means I will contaminate my buds right?

Note I have no plans using Ona INSIDE the grow box.

What would be a solution here?

To not use it, probably. Because your grow area isn't air-tight, the carbon filter isn't going to completely scrub the area, but it's putting a big dent in it.
    You might have to burn incense like hippies have been doing for hundreds of years

Comment

That is a tough one Dago. I was told that Ona was developed for people in sewage treatment facilities. I appreciate your difficulty with regard to a stealth grow and odor mitigation. I would not want or trust Ona in or near my grow because I don't know whether it is safe or not. Also I thought I heard it could neutralize some of the terpenes in your plants. This has to be balanced against getting caught and spending time in the 'gray bar hotel' compliments of people empowered by the state who don't believe you have a right to be free. When I started I vented my grow into the attic and it leaked out the vents in the soffiting so that I could smell it when I walked around my house. Then I made a home made filter with a 5 gallon bucket and charcoal. This helped and worked fairly well.

If I were you I would first of all try to locate the source of the leak. Could it be in your grow box? Could your filter be 'full'? Carbon filters eventually fail due to being 'full'. There are some air purifiers like Molekule that are not cheap but may work. The other option would be to have something that would generate a cover smell. The trick here is to reduce your leakage from the tent to as small as possible so that your cover smell can work. Maybe there is a fragrant plant your could use. This plant should be cleaning the air as well covering or mixing with the small from your plants.
      5' x 5' Gorilla Grow Tent (flower) AC Infinity Cloudline T8, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System with Temperature and Humidity Controller
      3' x 3'Gorilla Grow Tent (veg) AC Infinity Cloudline S6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller

Two 2' T-5 fixtures with 4 tubes each for veg
      Two Electric Sky 300 V2 Wideband LED grow lights for flower

Water only / Super soil from KIS Organics

Current favorites: Aurora Indica, Nebula CBD, Northern Light, Pure Power Plant

Comment

Originally posted by Organic357 View Post
        Could it be in your grow box? Could your filter be 'full'? Carbon filters eventually fail due to being 'full'. .
        The filter is brand new, so I dont think so. I have been running other grow ops before, using a homemade filter which have worked fine.

I think its merely a leakage in the box (its not a tent, but a locker I have modified). It might be the case that there is no negative pressure in the box, so that smell can leak. I guess I will have to look in to that.

Still, I wonder if the the pressure is negative the box/tent doesnt need to be air tight right? Because there is no possibility air (smell) will leak out, right?

Comment

Hi everyone,
          great to be here on the site.

The only time I have experience this problem is when I put the fan on the wrong way round
          Its an easy mistake and always worth double checking.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin View Post
            The only time I have experience this problem is when I put the fan on the wrong way round

What do you mean, that the fan blowed in the wrong direction?

Comment

Originally posted by Dago View Post

What do you mean, that the fan blowed in the wrong direction?
              yeah, done that a few times over the years, going to be hard to tell in a locker, easy to spot in a tent.
              should be an arrow on the fan.

It still scrubs the air ( with your setup) but with a positive pressure its not going to be as effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin View Post

yeah, done that a few times over the years, going to be hard to tell in a locker, easy to spot in a tent.
                should be an arrow on the fan.
                well Ive checked that, and it vents correctly. I think there might be a question of pressure. I use fans (CPU-fans) both for intake and exhaust (due to the very tight setup). It might be the case the the intake is stronger than the exhaust, but I dont think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Dago View Post

well Ive checked that, and it vents correctly. I think there might be a question of pressure. I use fans (CPU-fans) both for intake and exhaust (due to the very tight setup). It might be the case the the intake is stronger than the exhaust, but I dont think so.
                  Most thing are trail and error till you find the solution, this is just one thing it could have been

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X