Extra Parts anybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra Parts anybody

Wondering it any of you keep extra parts for that (O ....) situation.?

I use two led drivers for my setup and just lost one of the drivers! Now I found my self scrambling to purchase a exact part number and have it delivered... Well it looks like customs is delaying packages for (however many days) to kill off any covid ect,hat might be on package.....because it is still sitting in a warehouse waiting clearance. O past the delivery date now...

Thinking it might not be a bad idea to start keeping spare parts around just in case..

No light parts, I currently have 6 lights and once whats currently growing is harvested I'm hoping to never need more than 3 at a time again. As for anything else used in my grow right now I could setup a total of 18 totes with materials I keep on hand. I will add the only reason for having this much on hand is if I know I will need it for any of my projects I'd rather have it here to use over having to go get it as needed. I keep a list of items I'm getting low on just like a grocery list for growing and just pick them up when running errands.

Comment

Absolutely. Redundancy can be a crop saver. Most is older gear that I have upgraded, but like you say, it sucks if a light goes out. Some companies can take up to a month to fix and return. That would put a cramp in anyones schedule.

Comment

I keep my old stuff around just in case something breaks. Bulbs, ballast, fan, filter.
        Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Have a closet full of burple lights, spare air pumps and stones. A handful of fittings and such, over all knock on wood, no single point of failure.
          Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
          A tale of two seeds
          Batter Up Sour Deisel
          Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
          New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
          Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Originally posted by Poppa View Post
            No light parts, I currently have 6 lights and once whats currently growing is harvested I'm hoping to never need more than 3 at a time again. As for anything else used in my grow right now I could setup a total of 18 totes with materials I keep on hand. I will add the only reason for having this much on hand is if I know I will need it for any of my projects I'd rather have it here to use over having to go get it as needed. I keep a list of items I'm getting low on just like a grocery list for growing and just pick them up when running errands.
            I have made note of your list idea...Might be a better approach to read the list then dump that big box out and start scrambling...

Comment

Well finally received the LED Driver Model HLG-185-C1400A after being put through the hoops!! It took some time (4 hrs) or so to cut out the temporary drivers and wire back in the mean well replacement driver.

I was able to do a little R&D on some led drivers purchased from e-bay a few years ago. They were listed as being 1500 ma (1.5 a) but they were actually only 500 ma 1/3 of the spec, however I was able to wire them in parallel (two per led) this approach produced constant current just over 1 A or 1000 ma but they required more cooling then the mean well drivers.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X