Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pistils curling and browning going into 3rd wk of bloom cycle ok or not ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pistils curling and browning going into 3rd wk of bloom cycle ok or not ok?

Hi everyone and I hope your grow is going great! I have 2 questions and my first one is: if you notice in the first photo the pistils are curling and browning. The plants are in 3-4th wk of bloom cycle (after a 1 wk transition for nutrient change). are the browning of the pistils normal or no. The next question I have is if my setup a good one to convert to a Scrog cloning tent. Thank you for your help and suggestions.

Additionally I have maintained the plants ph at 6.0 and the nutes @ ppm 998-1500. I'm adding 1/2 gal of water daily for evaporation but not seeing much of a ppm chg in nutes when I change the res. Is the nute chart on the GH flora grow system to high and I'm wasting nutes by pouring them out at the end of the week?

Comment

You got urtself a great grow let me start with that. To your questions. Pistils are gonna keep appearing and old ones are going to die. Its the never ending effort to catch pollen. And with more airflow they die faster. To the second question I don't have a concrete answer but I would assume it works for scrog. Not now cause u already flowering but with some suppercroping that plant will be flat. Last but not least. The ppm issue you talking about. Ppm'a are an approximation to the EC of the water. So I advise you to read up on EC and read this article. http://www.gyostuff.com/What_PPM_Scale_To_Use.html
      a better understanding of electrocondictivity will take the guessing out the ecuation. There's no golden formula when it comes to weed. Have a great grow

Comment

• bumper55
        bumper55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your response and suggestions. Your answer is really helping me to understand the plants anatomy and how it's working better then photos and reading. thank you for the site information about ec/tds, and the helpful identification of the plants anatomical behavior. cool

The curling of the pistols is normal. It seems a little early but nothing to worry about imo. I use the nute schedule on the GWE website and that works for me. Don't know about the scrog cloning question...

Comment

• bumper55
        bumper55 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok that's GH grow schedule and I've been using it as I'm using their growing instrutions using 250 watt DWC instructions. Good deal thanks.

The pistils turning brown is OK as long as new ones apear white while growing taller.Curling is good too! Nice grow. Good luck

Comment

Don't worry, be happy! The plants look great and healthy! In that first photo, the pistils look almost lavender to me (maybe I've had too much of my last crop already! lol).
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

hahaha - hoping and wishing

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X