Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compost tea or Plagron (bottled) fertilizer

Hi happy growers,

I have a question about compost tea and bottled nutes.
    I have Plagron Algae grow and bloom, Biobizz calmag, but I recently ordered worm castings and alfalfa meal to make compost tea.

Should I only use the compost tea every few weeks and just water between feedings and not use Plagron nutes at all?
    Or can I use Plagron fertilizer every 3 weeks and instead of just water give it compost tea between feedings?

Very new to the compost tea thing, not sure how to view it....does it replace other fertilizers or does it supplement them?

All info is much appreciated!!

Be safe!

The use for a compost teas is to add microbiology to your soil. Not familiar with the other products you mentioned but if they are salt based nutrients they will be killing any life you put in your soil. If you have a soil with life in there a worm castings tea with alfalfa would be enough to carry you thru veg probably thru flower aswell but I wouldn’t use alfalfa during flower it’s high in nitrogen. I may give my soil a boost with alfalfa tea before going into flower but that’s it. I just made a post titled living soil look it up I put links to sites where you will get all the info you need to understand the differences.

Comment

• Newbgrower78
      Newbgrower78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks a bunch Cali! Will look it up for sure

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X