Tent Management Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tent Management Question

Yo! So I took a clone of one of my healthiest plants in veg and it is showing some roots. My question I guess is how long can this stay in water before I need to plant it?

My tent is only 2x4 and the three girls in there have filled it up. Also, it’s been switched to 12/12 about 2 weeks ago.

I could do some CFL lights outside of the tent. Is that reasonable to get it vegging and keep there for a while? I’ve got a couple months until current grow would be ready.

I’m not sure how to manage this...
    Current Grow:
    2x Blue Dream Autos
    Coco + Perlite mix
    GH trio + CalMag, Floralicious, KoolBloom
    2x4x5 tent, SF1000 LED + Viparspectra PAR450

You can keep it outside with a cfl like you said. Any chance you can put it in a soil cup with soil? It will definitely live that way for a while till your ready to transplant or maybe something a bit bigger than a solo cup?

Comment

Small containers like the solo cups would be a great idea.

If you are using a cloning machine, the water needs to be getting oxygenated, you don't want the roots hanging into stale hot water. Usually the pump inside spraying the top, when the water drops fall back into the reservoir, that will keep it oxygenated. Other than that and temp, as long as the roots aren't getting sucked into the pump, you can get away with a little extra time. Solo cup really is a good idea though.

Comment

ChadWestport Thanks! It’s just in a small flower vase with ph water so I need to do something with it.

if I pot it / solo cup or small container / I’m not sure what to do with the plant. It can fit in the tent but that has 12/12 lights. Is that ok?
        Current Grow:
        2x Blue Dream Autos
        Coco + Perlite mix

Comment

Cali yeah, I can put it in a 1 gal fabric pot. I guess it can go in the tent for 12 hrs then pull it out and use some cfls for 6 more hrs. Maybe a lot of management. I’ll mess with it.

appreciate the feedback!
          Current Grow:
          2x Blue Dream Autos
          Coco + Perlite mix

Comment

Originally posted by Earlygrower View Post
            ChadWestport Thanks! It’s just in a small flower vase with ph water so I need to do something with it.

if I pot it / solo cup or small container / I’m not sure what to do with the plant. It can fit in the tent but that has 12/12 lights. Is that ok?
            You can grab an extra CFL bulb or two at the store and toss it in a closet or cupboard. The CFL won't encourage super growth, but it will help it set roots. At Home Depot, I have bought those lights with the aluminum dome to direct the light down for $10. Get a two-way splitter for $1 and then you can plug two bulbs into the one socket. Works great for seedlings or after I take the clones out of the machine for the first week.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X