Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Soil Acidifier

Hi there!

My tap water is a bit too high and I would like to know if that makes sense to mix some Soil Acidifier (30% elemental sulfur) from Espoma in the water? Or if its only good for mix with the soil?

When I mixed with the water it does lower the PH of the water but maybe it has not effect on the PH in the soil, Im just wondering...

Thanks!

It's a good question because, yes, the soil Ph is much different from your water Ph. It depends on which brand of soil you are using, but most brands made with cannabis growers in mind, come with a Ph'd soil in the proper range for optimal plant growth. If you add this acidifier, you will be throwing off the natural balance and proper balancing. I don't think that is going to be the best way to start your grow. You're absolutely correct, do Ph your water. I recommend letting the water sit out for a day to normalize with room temperature. Doing that can help reduce the natural Ph swing in water.

Comment

I use the Happy Frog from Foxfarm, but my tap water is at PH 8 when its filtered (Pur filter) and if I dont filter its 7.2.
      Since I prefer using filtered water I could instead use Earth Juice Natural Down? I will use organic nuts from Dr Earth so I dont want put synthetic in my soil.

Comment

You are correct, both of those Ph ranges are too high for your plants. With soil, you are aiming for the 6.0 to 6.5 range, I try and shoot for 6.3 or 6.2 Ph. You definitely can use an organic ingredient to reduce the Ph of your water. I have read of a few home remedies online and in the Jorge Cervantes Cannabis Encyclopedia. I prefer to use the Ph up and Ph down from general Hydroponics. Nothing malicious or salty in there.

Comment

Thanks I will do that.
          For info I got a response from Espoma and their soil acidifier is only for use in the soil and not in the water.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X