Bud/flower support on plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud/flower support on plant

hey everyone, beginning of week 7 flowering, and I just checked on plant and it looks different today. The plant has seemed to open up and buds are much lower, no complaints here lol! Do I have to worry about supporting bud sites or is this completely normal? Thank you

I use some of the plant support yo-yos to keep the branches from sagging away from the light. My girls are into their seventh week of flower also and I am using some yo-yos to support them already. The cannabis plant grows naturally in the 'Christmas tree' shape and can support it's growth on it's own. But when growers modify plants to gain greater yields, the plants grow in an un-natural shape and therefore will need extra support. Being 'top heavy' has it's own advantages, just ask Dolly! LOL!
    I was going to post a photo to show the yo-yos that I am using, but they do not show well in the pics that I have. Keeping the bud sites where they can get enough light and air will pay off in the end.
    Good luck with Your grow.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Thank you Dw2, this is my second attempt, first time was a learning experience to say the least! 15" inch embarrassment! Lol so this time around I am truly excited! 48" tall and a beautiful plant

Comment

We are ALL learning as we grow. Just like doctors and lawyers, it's a practice, always learning!
        Here is the latest photos of my 'babies'.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1311.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	46840Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1312.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	46841
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Hi, did you say your in week 7 of flowering? If so I'm wondering if my plant is farther along than thought? I've kept a decent journal from the beginning, 3 mos of veg and 3 months of flowering? That seems to be the standard? Please take a look at included pics and give me your opinion. It is a pineapple kush . Also noticed your humidity at 60%? Is that not too high at this point? I'm running at 35% now and gonna drop to 20% in a few weeks. Thanks again

Comment

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes they have just (2 days) started their 7th week. Your buds do look "simply fabulous" and do appear to be farther along than mine are. I do not know what light/wattage you are using, but I'm using 220 watts of CFLs for each planter. My last grow was 8 weeks in veg and 11 weeks in bloom, and one of the last plants could have used another week. The humidity stays a little higher at the top of the plants, there is another hygrometer (like the top one) down lower at about the planter level, but is not visible in the photo. The first photo is only one plant, there are three plants in the second photo. The humidity is higher than normal as we are having a warm spell on and the heater does not run as often keeping the air circulated enough. I did set up a fan to help reduce the humidity this afternoon. This is the first grow that I have had humidity this high, we only get 18.50 inches of rain a year (but you gotta be here the day that it happens!!LOL) and we are several inches behind, so far, this year.

Mine are just beginning week 10 and this one is also starting to sag!

edit: I just thought of using my plant twist ties to hold it up! Funny how this LST tool is now holding UP a branch.
          Last edited by furrysparkle; 01-23-2017, 03:56 PM.
          Grow and good luck
          Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice, furrysparkle!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X