Just needing advice b4 I quit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just needing advice b4 I quit

So this is my first grow. But I’m slowing feeling like I’m doing something wrong.
    My first three plants had a rough start to begin with. they are now day 69 😳 seems like a long time for me and they are just now starting to show sex. Already had one male I threw out. waiting to see on the other two. My GG I found out is a mutant ...It seems to be showing me she wants to be a female. My other PE seems to be following the other Male PE I just threw out. 🙁
    I still see no flowers growing other than a few on my GG. very little tho. they have been on 12s. now for about two weeks.

Like how long am I gonna have these plants growing? they seem to be taking forever and seem little.
    I am using 1000w Bestva lights and been feeding them Dakine420 nutrients ....I’ve had no sign of deficiencies or anything like that on my leaves. they have seemed to be healthy just slow growing pace. Am I doing something wrong?

Then I have two other PE growing in another tent. they had a much better start than the others did. Same light 1000w Bestva and same nutrients being fed ..They are running 18 on 6 off ...
    Why is one greener than the other. and why do they seem behind too. they are on day 42. should they be on 12s? Help! what am I doing wrong with these plants! 😩

Pics are GG & PE day 69
    GG sex female?
    PE day 42 two plants/pics
    Attached Files

They don't look too bad, you'll get a little bit to harvest. If a plant is kept in veg for too long or it gets stressed, it will have a tendency to show pre flowers, which can help you determine sex. They won't start flowering however, until you change the lighting schedule to 12 on / 12 off. The only exception being auto flowers, but at day 69 of veg, it isn't likely you bought auto flower seeds.

You will need a place with total darkness for those 12 hours, but if you have a good spot for that, I would change your lighting schedule and begin flowering.

Comment

• sweetcass
      sweetcass commented
      Editing a comment
      Why are they so small?
      and how long will they be on 12s now since they were veg forever ?

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      There can be many reasons for the size, lack of light intensity, lack of food, improper soil Ph, cold temperatures or simply genetics. When flowering on the 12/12 light cycle, it generally takes about 60 days to maturity but it will vary a week or two with some strains.

They do seem small for 10 weeks are you counting from seeds or after they actually started growing? They look pretty healthy and have some new growth so they're still growing. I think that you just need to work on patience because if you can't stand it now you are gonna go insane once you start smelling it lol. Once they start flowers not when you switch to 12s they are gonna need another 8 - 14 weeks to finish. How far are your lights from the top of your plants? You've only mentioned one light do you have enough light for all of your plants? What are your watering habits? I'm asking these questions because all of this affects the growth
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• sweetcass
      sweetcass commented
      Editing a comment
      I have two 1000w lights. Two plants per light ....about 20” from the plant. I feed them every other day so they don’t get mold on top of the dirt. I did discover that when I was watering more other. now I just do every other day. when the soil is completely dry

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually recognize your name now we spoke b4 I don't remember what happened though. I'm just gonna guess that the problem with watering caused some slowdown in growth. They are lookin pretty good now. I would go ahead and switch em to 12 on 12 off only because I see preflower but they should stretch out a little, lower the light to 15 inches above them. Make sure that they are in complete darkness for the 12 hours even a single small light on a power strip can cause problems. Since there's already some preflower you should see flower action within 10 days + - a couple

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      Are the lights listed as 1000w or does the manufacturer actually confirm the power draw from the wall is 1000w? Its been a common industry practice to over label the power of a light in the product title. An example, I have the Spider Farmer 1000 but it draws 100w at the wall.

MeEasy U think I should Go ahead and switch my two PE that are running 18 on and 6 off. to 12s?
    I have the GG & PE already been on 12s now for a couple weeks.
    So switch the ones that are day 42 on 12s?

Comment

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      If they were mine I wouldn't switch any of em yet. The only reason I was saying to switch em was because of your impatience. They are all small, I'm not sure why but if you flower them this small you will not be happy with your harvest. They look healthy and should grow as long as they are getting light water and food. Once they get 18 - 24 inches tall then switch to 12s and you will be happier at the end as long as you don't cut em to early because you can't wait. Waiting is the hardest part of growing even for me and I don't smoke anymore lol

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Listen to your elders

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X