Roof Temperature Stealth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roof Temperature Stealth

Hello guys, I am a new grower who is soon going yo start growing in a secluded barn.

Of course security is the most important of all. I think I have already found solutions to the smell & electric bill problem.

However, I really need to know how to lower the roof temperature because in my country, in the winter, law enforcement uses heat detecting drones which fly over properties to check if their roof temperature is not too high compared to normal roofs. If the roof temp is high there is a high chance of marijuana being grown and they will raid the place.

How to make sure this temperature doesn’t go high? Are there techniques for it?

More info? Size of area? Size of grow? What type and how many lights? Does building have any improvement or is attic just rafters?

Comment

Howdy choco99, The first thing that comes to mind, do not generate the heat in the first place. I would recommend using low heat emitting lamps like LEDs or CFLs. The HPS and MH lamps generate a lot of heat as well as using a large amount of energy. Less heat generated means less thermal print to hide. A self contined grow area (a tent or free standing grow room) could, with the addition of both thermal and radiant barriers, could reduce the thermal foot print as well. But as Xena said, what are the details of the barn?
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

DW2 make a great suggestion with using LED technology. Try and spread it out evenly so that it looks like a warm room as opposed to a hotspot.

I always kind of chuckled every year when it snows in the UK and one of the houses in the row is the only house with no snow on the roof.

Comment

I would build a room in there or put a tent
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Yeah, that would be the best and easiest way to control environmental conditions around the plants. Controlling the whole barn would be a big undertaking.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X