seeds appeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seeds appeared

Hey guys. I have almost come to the end of my grow, about two weeks to go including flushing. I picked a bit of popcorn so I had a smoke but have started noticing seeds? I don't know what I have done to make this happen they were feminized seeds and everything seemed to be going great. This is my first grow so was expecting a hiccup along the way and have a feeling that I just rushed things along. I suppose my big question is..... will i still get a decent smoke or is it a case of abort mission?

I’m a first timer too but personally I think people freak out over a few seeds and are like “ oh no my weed is worthless now”. Did you get a good buzz from the popcorn you sampled? While I don’t want seeds in my fem grow, I’ve smoked for right at 40 years and I can’t think of one bag I’ve ever had that had NO seeds and I’ve smoked some pretty good stuff.

Comment

• hornbill
      hornbill commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah. I got a great kick and yes I have bought plenty weed with seeds in and whilst I agree with all you say I was just a bit wasted and freaked hahhahha

hornbill , Hav'nt you ever bought asskicking weed with seeds in it?

Comment

• hornbill
      hornbill commented
      Editing a comment
      many times, many times and this is what I was thinking but just wanted a bit of reassurance. cheers GT

Interesting ....

I just found a couple of plants that got started in between the ragweed and goldenrod in a compost pile I let go cold. Likely from a plant I tossed in when the compost pile was steaming, and the seeds didn't get killed. Both plants were female, but no males. Both plants were full of seeds. Smoke was pretty good, even quick dried. Likely knocked back by an early frost and cool dried 10 days before I found them.

But I could not avoid old-school seed sorting ... oh, where have the single-fold record album covers gone?

The question becomes for you and me, where did the pollen come from?

I'm afraid the answer was three miles upwind of me -- a CBD plantation.

I've also found seeds in store-bought flower. Not a lot, but I do wonder where the pollen came from. Hermies? Or simple air migration, and lack of effective pollen control?

Now that Hemp and CBD cannabis is legal to grow openly, and more and more states allow legal grows, I'm thinking there is more and more of a chance that "wild" pollen can infiltrate our systems. It's why I've added HEPA filtration into my grow room. Double-filtration in my breeding box.

FWIW.

2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
    2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
    2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
    2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

I've only grown feminized seeds and yet I've come up with seeds occasionally. I think if you let them grow long enough any plant will go to seed.
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I will agree with that Eliot Pryor i have some now i grew with a few seeds i'm finding. All outdoor gals that went through a hellish summer.

• golfnrl
        golfnrl commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm curing an outdoor harvest. I have found a couple of seeds in the sample smoke. Not a bad buzz. I'm kinda hoping I find some more seeds once the cure is over. I have three 5 gallon buckets about 3/4 full each, so there's plenty of possibility. This girl went through pure D Oklahoma weather hell and made it to the end so I won't blame her if she made some seeds. I'd like to grow some of her offspring.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X