Drying without a drying rack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drying without a drying rack?

So I just found out we're moving soon (as in Dec 3rd) and I need to chop and dry one of my plants. Problem is, I can't find my drying racks and there isn't a good place to hang them anyway (anyplace with good airflow isn't dark, and anyplace dark has little to no airflow). Anyone have suggestions for a 'stealth' dry, or at least a compact, easy-to-transport way that I can start the process? This yield will be pretty low and I plan to use it more for tincture/cannabutter than smoke.
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Someone I know uses banker boxes strung inside with fishing line and he lays the branches across and puts a lid on it. He does live in an arid climate and it works for him. You could poke holes in the top like you caught a lizard and then tell everyone whatever you have in there bites.

Comment

• Mazzariman
      Mazzariman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for remembering! Hoping your gals turn out well.

• AccidentalGardener
      AccidentalGardener commented
      Editing a comment
      They did Already have the next run on.

You say the yield will be low and product not so great? Heck i'd use brown paper grocery bags if you can still get them LOL ( stupid covid )
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• WeirdWiredWolf
      WeirdWiredWolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Not necessarily 'not so great'; the strain is good (Silver Surfer), but this one spent her entire life in a windowsill (prob got way less light than she needs); I was out of town when she started flowering and my mom didn't know what to do so we missed at least one round of soil amending.

We actually do have paper grocery bags up the yin-yang...up until about 2 months ago reusable bags were banned statewide and most towns here have banned plastic bags. I like the banker box idea and we definitely have those.
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Well i like your boxes much better easy to haul and hide

My banker boxes. Here you go. Easy to stack, transport etc. Cut the colas at about 7-9 inches and hang on the lines. When no longer wet and not too dry, trim and jar up. Burping till cured. $2. per box, cheap! Good luck, and enjoy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Drying Boxes.png
Views:	187
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	468185
    Tie Your Mother Down! (Queen)

Comment

Try the fridge in paper bags, works well.
      Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X