How much molasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much molasses?

How much molasses per gallon of water do folks recommend?

I will put in 1-2 tablespoons i just do a pour and eye ball it cause it's so thick. Make sure it is unsulfurated no sulfur should say on the bottle.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I only use 1 Teaspoon per gallon for the last two weeks of flowering. "Blackstrap," "Unsulferated." It helps to mix it in with warm/hot water so it dissolves almost on contact. It does seem to sweeten up the smoke.

-Grouchy
      My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
      I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
      Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

I use one tablespoon of unsulferated organic brand molasse per 4 litres of water. This is the one I use and I get it on amazon : https://www.amazon.com/Golden-Barrel...5389505&sr=8-7
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I tried honey 🍯 in the same proportion. 1 table spoon per gallon. 2 weeks ago, single dose, as the (internet) literature states.

She’s fine so far, but nor thaaaaaat big noticeable difference. I’m hoping the smoke will attract jamaican bees. =p

Comment

Thanx everyone. I've been using the unsulfered organic, maybe not 1 tablespoon per gallon, but I've been pretty much adding it all along with every watering? I only grow autos here indoors. No liquid chemicals.

Comment

I only use Medina Agricultural products for my lawn, trees, shrubs, vegetable, fruit and autoflower grows. I purchase their horticultural molasses by the gallon and use at 1oz./gallon, twice a month with my auto grows. Unlike the above posts, I utilize because of the sulphur, carbon and potash content. The unsulphured only business is another cannabis myth in my never to be humble opinion. Garrett Juice is also a great sulphured molasses containing supplement, though a bit more expensive. Good luck. Organic soil auto grower.

Comment

Interesting comment about sulfur. I too ensure I use unsulfured molasses, but I also use a commercial flushing agent, "For Tastier Smoother Buds", in the hope that there is something to their claims about chelation chemistry, and in trying to get a cleaner ash. I mean, who doesn't prefer a cleaner ash, right? Wait a minute, is he saying ash?

So one of the 2 ingredients listed is sulfur, at 1.3%, and further listed as combined sulfur with the same concentration, derived from magnesium sulfate.

I'm confused. Is the combined sulfur in the flushing agent unavailable for plant uptake? If so, why add it? Is sulfured molasses really detrimental to taste, smoothness, potential yield, etc. Anyone with data?

Surround yourself with nature, and let it breathe life into your soul.

Comment

• Xena
                  Xena commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did a little reading. Sulfur sulfate is a must for growing most everything, sulfured molasses contains sulfur dioxide which I guess you don’t want. Maybe someone that knows more about chemistry than me can weight in.

• quirk
                  quirk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I should have added I'm utilizing molasses to feed the microbial activity in the soil, not the plant.
                  Last edited by quirk; 11-16-2020, 05:24 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X