Vape question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vape question

Cheeba thanks for the Yocan recommendation. It looked like a decent starting point at least so I ordered one.
    My question is what is the best temp. to vape at if I want to make butter with it after smoking? Or does it matter at all?

Xena Hey not sure how temp affects the flower but I do 375 degrees. Full disclosure - Haven’t made butter or any edibles so not an expert. You will be able to tell when the weed is “done” because it starts to taste like a plant. ABV weed (Already Been Vaped).
    Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

Xena, Part of the fun of vaping is exploring the taste of different heat levels so you might consider experimenting a lot as you get started. My vape temp range starts at 250 on the low end up to 450 degrees when I want the last blast. One good rule of thumb is that if ABV is still a little green, crank it up a bit. Any shade of brown is normal vape. If it turns black you are at the high end (450 turns it black!), and if you see any ashy grey you might as well be smoking because you are burning wood! My homebrew vape goes up to 2200 degrees, so I can light a fire with it.

If you look at your herb after vaping using a loupe you'll see most of the trichomes have burst. What's left is for cooking projects. Maybe someone with more experience than I can suggest the happy medium temp if the left overs are important.

Hope that makes some sense,

-Grouchy
      My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
      I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
      Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• Xena
        Xena commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do. We hope to have enough to make some by Christmas.....maybe a little before.

• grouchyoldman
        grouchyoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        Xena, there's a great first question: "How much ABV crumbles are needed to make CannaButter?" Seems like you'd need a LOT!

• Xena
        Xena commented
        Editing a comment
        grouchyoldman from what I’ve found it says anything from ~2oz to 100g for a pound of butter. I was gonna try about 2 ounces plus the little bit of trim I’ll have.

Been researching this across the internet and DAMN! You find everything from 212f to 375f and everything in between and each one has their own “science” as to why they have the best way. Guess I’ll just pick whatever tastes the best and hope for a decent outcome.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL i am the queen of no measurments ( all i learned from Julia Childs one of my heros ) . I made butter and decarbed weed. I use the trim and small buds with lots of trichomes save them up till i get couple oz in the freezer i cook it all in oven 225f stirring it around till it's dry suppose to turn brown but not all of it's brown as long as it's dry i cook it in whatever amount the receipe calls for with butter. I use 1lb of butter to 2oz of some strong decarb weed. After 3 days no one wants anymore brownies LOL do not operate a riding mower while high.

Hahaha hilarious comments. Honestly I start my vaping at 365 for the most flavorful huts then I move up in 5 degree increments up to about 380F the most at that point and higher you are going more for a hard hit than flavor in my opinion.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X