Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does my plant leafe tips bend like that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Why does my plant leafe tips bend like that?

Hi, first time growing and posting here.

My plant is AK-47, its about 58 days old, growing on standar led bulbs (18-6 photoperiod), on soil with organic worm compost. I just add water, no nutrients. The tips of the leafes started to turn this way like 1-2 weeks ago, before that they were perfect.

Thanks!

If you can attach a picture to the thread, that is going to help everyone. Some people just don't click on random links.

Do they bend down? That can be a sign of 1) overwatering or 2) Nitrogen toxicity. Are your leaves a very dark green?

Comment

• OAGN
      OAGN commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, I uploaded the photos here. I looked at pics of nutrient burned tips and they are curled, the tips of my plant are bending in straight angles.

The roots do not like light, my friend. You need to cover that interesting container with something that is lightproof. Even better if you transplant it into something bigger, because the plant needs some more room at the roots. You have more than one issue. Triage.

Comment

• OAGN
      OAGN commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!, the bottom of the container ir covered in alumminium foil, I just remove it to take the pictures of the roots.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. It doesn't look overfed to me, which after reading the first part again, you are not giving it nutes. I know sometimes worm castings can be "hot", but I'm not sure about your compost. I do see the tip burning which you mention. My first thought is always nutrient excess, but it can be a few other things too. AccidentalGardener is spot on that you want to keep the roots in total darkness.

Do the containers have any way to drain the water out?

Do you Ph the water before you add it, if so, what are you Ph'ing it at?

Around the 60 day mark, plants tend to have gone through most of the available nutrients in the soil, both macro and micronutrients. I'm thinking it may need a little food, if the tip damage is caused by an issue like soggy roots or unbalanced Ph.

Comment

• OAGN
        OAGN commented
        Editing a comment
        The container drains well, but I do not pH the water. I also recently added like 4-5 spoons of compost on the top soil as "food". I will tranplant it, pH the water and if the problem remains add fertilizer. Thanks!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X