Newbee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbee

Starting closet grow, have 5x10 to use. Not sure if I should use 10 ga fabric pots or to save space 3 ga pots. Thanks

You bet and how about sharing more about this plan? Of course we can't make any recommendations not knowing anything except that you got a 5x10 to use. What do you think?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Depending how many plants you want to grow in an area of a 50 sq. ft area..... I have a growing area of 48 sq. ft. in a grow room of 8 x 12 so no more of a max of 24 plants in a 5 gallons pots. But that's me The remaining space is for my wife vegies.
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Xena
        Xena commented
        Editing a comment
        Farmbuck don’t you have a 96sq ft space?

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        lollll yes Xena , to make wife happy I keep the rest of the coverage for her Kush girls and her veggies. So I'm happy with my little space of 48 sq. ft.for my Asian girls. She's Indica and I'm Sativa lollll

Don't make a mistake and become "gear centric". It's all about growing a plant with specific characteristics. It starts with the seeds and their specifications. If you have sixty inches of vertical grow space you have to subtract the height of the pot and the distance from your highest light setting plus about 20 inches from the light to the top of the mature plants. So, the simple math is 60 inches overall minus10 inches of the pot minus 6 inches (a guess) from the light to the ceiling minus 20 inches from the light to the top of the plants. This equals a plant no taller than 24 inches! You do not require 10 gallon pots for a 24 inch plant. if you have a ceiling of 8', it will allow for plants that reach up to sixty inches.

In addition, 10 gallon pots full of soil weigh a lot and are difficult to move around, especially in tight spaces. You need to plan your grow and work your plan.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Thank you for your responses. I'm piecing this together, the wife won't let me spend any money

Comment

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          My wife is not happy with the money spent either. If you both smoke just start small with a small light and a plant or two and when you get them to harvest you can say look we just saved X? amount of money, I need to spend some more so I can expand our crop to save us more money. Worked for me anyway.

The light is going to dictate how much of that space you can use. Once you know your lighting, then it is a matter of how many plants can grow in that footprint based upon an average size. What are you considering for lighting?

Comment

I'd recommend starting small until you get a feel for it. Just because you can fit 12 pots in there doesn't mean you should. 3 gal pots can put out. But like ChadWestport says, you've got to fit the light to your space.
          Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X