Hermi Seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermi Seeds

Hey guys wassup. Here's the thing I got this really nice strain but she ended up being a hermi, she dedicates entire branches to either being male or female. The female branches, obviously produce buds, but some which have been pollinated are producing seeds. The question is these seeds when I plant them what would be the result? Would it be a hermi also or would it be feminized?

Any Feminized plant can hermie, question is, will it pass it on? And it is likely that it will, it may be controllable by picking off the male parts. And yes the seeds should all be females (with the chance of hermies)
    How about some pics of this heshe!

Comment

• Ganjafarmer
      Ganjafarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure will upload some later.

A herm plant will produce fem seeds in the absence of a male donor. Your plant sounds like an extreme case, where sex is determined on branch at a time, which is odd. The offspring definitely run the risk of being a herm too. However, some of the best strains we know came from a seed in a slightly herm plant. So, I don't rule those seeds out, but I watch them like a hawk. Start with only 2 or 3 to keep a good eye on the chances of them going herm. Any herm from a herm seed, I cut and toss and that plant is no use. But if I get one that shows to be stable, I may keep that around and try a little stress testing on it. If I get through 10 of the herm seeds and only have a few turn herm, I may keep them around for future use.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree, weird things happen like that or only produce male flowers from a certain height down, this means it's not full on hermie which makes a homogeneus mix of male and female.most likely stress is why they flipped, test the progeny for stress like Chad recommended

• Ganjafarmer
      Ganjafarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      Indeed Chad I too thought it was odd that the sex is determined on an entire branch at a time unlike traditional hermis.
      I believe it was stress that caused her to turn, also I'll take your advice I'll plant a few and watch them closely.

Here are those pics I promised

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah i wouldnt keep those seeds. Or the plant itself. Very stressed and bad genetics. Better to get fresh Quality seeds

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X