Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green thumb. Little help might be needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Green thumb. Little help might be needed.

For my first post I'd like to say, Hello!
    • Summary of my budget minded set-up(it definitely needs work). I got a cardboard wardrobe storage box 60cmx60cmx90cm and lined it with aluminum foil (shiny side up). Got this YGROW 100w (35w actual) and blurple 4 strips lights that's about 40W (11w actual) total of about 370 umol at about 30cm away. All on a timer. Yeah, I know its underpowered.
    • GH Trio, sensi-calmag, PH down and GH FloraKleen. Organic compost soil. PH tester.
    • Started with 1/2 Gallons.Ended with 5- 3 Gallon fabric pots with saucer drip trays.
    • Training wire, big and small pruning shears.
    • A 15cm fans inside the 'tent', and a 30cm outside blowing in from the top.
    • Digital temp and humidity gauge.
    • 60x jewelers loupe
    • And sticky traps.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	GPGyCAZ.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.25 MB ID:	466604Click image for larger version  Name:	c7aGf27.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.68 MB ID:	466606Pic#2. About 2 weeks growth. Vegged for 6 weeks to get the small one catch up.
    Seeds were Bruce Banner from bag seed.

I'm at week 8 1/2 of flower and here's my progress.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	cWqZToh.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.82 MB ID:	466607Click image for larger version  Name:	MjWxchg.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.42 MB ID:	466608Click image for larger version  Name:	PcZZ4Np.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.69 MB ID:	466609
    This is 11/09/2020.

Things I know I did wrong or could have made it bigger and better buds. They biggest cola is about wide of my palm about 50cm+ wide.
    • The Light was really not enough.
    • The planter pots should be bigger. Maybe 5 gallon?
    • Could get better growing medium.
    • I should have not defoliated for my first grow.
    • Should have gotten a proper tent with filter. allergies and smell get annoying.
    These plants have cloudy trichomes and have about 40% amber pistils. This week should be flush using florakleen and harvest few days after that. 2 day dark period before drying for 4 days at least checking everyday til the stems snap. I have mini humidity gauges and some mason jars. Will save the leaves for kief.

I've got 1 piece of many for my real grow next time. MIXJOY GL-1000 will be pretty useful in a 60cmx60cmx120cm tent.

Please feel free to give me some tips for my next grow.

Attached Files

Hek yeah! Welcome. You have grown some pretty frosty buds in your set-up and a little bit of smoke for yourself too. Regardless of size, growing a plant is growing a plant and the more experience you get with this plant, the better off you are going to be. You sound like you have a knowledge for what is happening and needs to happen. Doing well, enjoy the process and thanks for sharing your grow

Comment

Wow that's amazing for your set-up I have a bunch of High-tech stuff for my 1st grow and Hope I can get as frosty of buds as you. With all the problems I have had I doubt I could have done that.
      Vivosun 5x3 tent, AC Infinity T6 fan, Vivosun carbon filter,5 gallon fabric pots, coco-coir, 600watt Vivosun MH/HPS

Comment

• ChadWestport
        ChadWestport commented
        Editing a comment
        You've done a great job on this one Surge Those buds are seriously amazing looking, 10 out of 10!

• 420Cndee
        420Cndee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Surge I also watch a lot of Mr. Canucks Grow and yes I have heard mention of Dutch Passion a lot. Watch a lot of Mr. Grow it too. lol. It has taken over my ocd from remote control cars. My wife says I can ocd on weed all I want lol.

• 420Cndee
        420Cndee commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes Beautiful buds you have there!

Just shows you it can be done with knowledge of plants. Great work
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Surge
        Surge commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal , Thanks! I came here mostly and few others sites for help. Watched few vids on YT for hands on visual perspective. Still have some learning to do!

UPDATE: I've cut down the plants, dried them for 5 days in 44% RH and trimmed them down to bud form and placed into a jar. Left the jar lid off with hygrometer in it for awhile and put it on for few hours to see where the RH was at. Kept getting close to 70%. The smell at this point kind of smells like ammonia and very light weed smell. I took the buds out and dried out of the jar for about 6-8 hours and put them back into jar completely closed. The RH slowly went up to 62% could go up again but seems like its leveling off in the right cure zone.

The Ammonia Smell: I have looked around this site and other sites and think I didn't flush enough or it needs more drying outside the jar? I really don't know if this can go away by keeping in the jars and burping it every day for 2+ weeks?

I took some buds out and individually squeeze them and feel if they are dry or wet still. They are dry on the outside but feel moist feeling on the inside. The smell is not as strong with ammonia at this point and the weed smell comes out more but they still have the smell of both.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2lADo0T.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	470392 Right after trim and put in the jar. Click image for larger version

Name:	gBWfHbZ.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	470394 Took the budds out to let them get a little more air circulation and decided to weigh them. Got 24 grams.

Would like any input on what to expect and any help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Just sounds like you are on the right path, but need to cure the buds a few weeks longer. The smells should get better if you've kept it in a decent Rh zone.

Comment

A white wall will reflect more light than foil. Think that foil can cause hotspots from reflections
          Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

• Surge
            Surge commented
            Editing a comment
            I figured that would help my under powered light. Won't matter now, getting a new grow tent soon. I'll use it as seeding with the foil grow box.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X