Air compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air compressor

Anyone successfully use a air compressor instead of aquarium pumps in rdwc systems.

The difference in electricity cost to run each isn't even close so it would not be cost effective to do so.

Comment

The reliability would not be good unless you get a huge compressor that can handle the load of constant demand. Even a tiny air leak will eat up a compressor!
      Aquarium air pumps are cheap and built to do this job, just size it as needed.

Comment

I use whisper ap300 into a pond diffuser for my DWC. It is designed for use in deep water pond and can pump air up to 8 feet deep (Lots of pressure) and is extremely quite (I tried others, and all sorts of tricks to keep them quite with no luck) you can tell by the shape of the roots they are getting lots of air. I could probably run both totes on one unit but do not like to have a single point of failure.

This is the first year I have used the diffuser, but the two AP300 have been with me at least three years. I have spares that are waiting, but the boxes are rotting off :-)

AP300
        Diffuser
        Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 11-11-2020, 06:15 PM.
        Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X