How to calculate right amount CO2 for tent with DIY CO2 system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to calculate right amount CO2 for tent with DIY CO2 system

Hello! I got an 2.5x3 tent with 10 plants inside. I first time use sugar+yeast or vinegar+soda reaction recipe. How can I give right amount CO2 without meter? Is it about the bubble per second or sth?

C02 is best used in a sealed environment and when you can maintain temperatures above 80 degrees. If you are exhausting your tent, the Co2 is going to travel right out. I haven't used the recipes you mention but what they will likely do is produce a spike of co2 and then fall off. It's going to be hard to hit any sort of consistent levels with precision. Ambient co2 levels are around 400, but if you sit and talk to your plants for a few minutes, you can almost double available Co2. So I try and do my best to hang out in the garden for awhile each day.

Comment

Hey ChadWestport thanks for you opinions! My tent goodly sealed and yes Im exhausting... Also my exhausting system very strong, so do you think there is no need to make such system cause it'll go out anyway? I was using co2 bags previously and now Im confused. Was that one is a waste too? I understand that consistency is immposible but still no advantage?
      By the way Im hanging out on tent too every day. I like the spend time with them

Comment

If you breath, your plants are getting plenty of CO2.

Comment

No need to add co2

Comment

Originally posted by vincenoir View Post
            Hey ChadWestport thanks for you opinions! My tent goodly sealed and yes Im exhausting... Also my exhausting system very strong, so do you think there is no need to make such system cause it'll go out anyway? I was using co2 bags previously and now Im confused. Was that one is a waste too? I understand that consistency is immposible but still no advantage?
            By the way Im hanging out on tent too every day. I like the spend time with them
            Yes, if you are exhausting the tent, I do not see a need for the Co2 because it will simply be exhausted out of the tent. Visiting with your plants each day should do the trick for you.

Comment

I say spend your money on seeds instead CO2 packs. I have never felt a need for it. I guess my dog panting and me breathing puts out enough CO2.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X