Using green light to work in grow room during dark period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using green light to work in grow room during dark period

How many have used green lights to work in grow area/room/tent during the 12 off period of flower? I'm especially interested in those that have done it over multiple grows or long term. Per recommendations here I picked up a little green led headlight and it works but I'd like to know if anybody has had hermie problems or whatever using any style of green lights because I'd like to just install green lightbulbs in the grow area. Those plants are almost 5' high and are being harvested 1 at a time. Lighting is from the green headlamp. On low setting.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20201110_103428_resized.jpg
Views:	1897
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	466462

We now know plants see and react to green light. Phytochrome uses it I believe. I wouldn't recommend it for extended periods. Personally, with lights out, I'm not doing anything in that room that takes longer then two minutes.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree. Its for emergency mostly

I don't like to screw around in the dark. I do my work with the lights on.

Comment

Howdy smoorman, I have been using a Grow green headlamp when I need to service my plants during the lights out period for several (tenth grow now) without any noticeable problems, In fact, I try to get my plants to form nanners (I've been growing with the female seeds produced by them) by actively stressing them with light and temperature changes. During grow number 7 I did not directly stress them (the only thing was the green lamp at night) and did not get many seeds at all from the grow. I do not believe that the occasional use of the green lamp at night will do any harm to Your plants, besides, if You do get any 'nannered' seeds, they will be females, in my experience.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I will probably continue using the headlamp as needed but won't be using any overhead green bulbs. Anyone else with experience with this?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          No i just got a green window i can look at them if i want

I have a green LED I use to check night temps from time to time. Wouldn’t do much more than a 2 sec check tho

Comment

My room stay dark and I keep it that way. Anyway I'm thinking of getting this as a Xmas gift : https://tempstick.com/?gclid=EAIaIQo...iAAEgJgl_D_BwE
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Hey Farmbuck, did you end up getting the Temp Stick sensor? I have been thinking of purchasing one after reading this review where it's rated highly: https://www.weatherstationadvisor.co...-stick-review/
          I'm still not sure though if I should buy it or just get a cheap digital thermometer/hygrometer. Can you let me know if it's accurate and holding up okay in your grown room? Thanks!!!

Originally posted by Farmbuck View Post
          My room stay dark and I keep it that way. Anyway I'm thinking of getting this as a Xmas gift : https://tempstick.com/?gclid=EAIaIQo...iAAEgJgl_D_BwE

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope I bought 2 Viparspectra Pro Series instead lolll. Wife told me I blew my budget for 2021 lollll

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X