Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Idea / Thoughts) Secondary Lighting for Lower Part of Plant ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Idea / Thoughts) Secondary Lighting for Lower Part of Plant ?

While going through my first grow, I did some low stress training to try and get an much light to the entire plant as possible. One understanding I have about the lighting, is that you want it about 12 - 18 inches from the top of the plant; and this is so it provides good light but not burn the top of the plants at the same time (I am sure there are other reasons). One thought I had, but have not been able to find anything on, are there low wattage lights that you could put on the side polls of a grow tent (mine is small, 27"x27") that would provide more light to help penetrate the bottom of the plant? Something like a tube florescence bulb you see, but made for growing. The low wattage would be so it provides some extra light but since it would be closer to the plant, it would not burn them. I know trimming some of the fan leaves can help with light penetration, but I understand you don't want to remove more than 1/3 of them (something I saw Kyle Kushman say in a video), but this still leave your lower buds more than 18" from the light source above. This may not be worth it or needed, but wanted to see what some of you thought of the idea and if there is anything out there like this.

I have a Supercloset and it comes with two fluorescent lights for the side walls. I have been using them, but have no way of knowing if they are doing any good. Might be kind of like “pissing in the ocean”.

Comment

Howdy Quore, the extra light is always good unless there would be heat and/or space problems. On my first two grows my grow space (a converted closet) had the walls painted white, before the third grow, I covered the walls with aluminum foil using thumb tacks. The result was a lot of new growth and many more bud sites in the lower part of the plants with out extra wattage or adding mote heat.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Thanks, both of you. I appreciate it. Not sure if I will do anything or not. Not sure what light to get for something like this. I have a MarshHydro tent, so it is lined all shiny on the inside. This may be a mute point for my situation, but was just curious.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X