fertilizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL fertilizers

Hello, How often should I give fertilizers such as (npk) or neutrients to my plant without hurting the roots? Thank you

I like the water, feed, water, feed system.

Comment

It depends on what you are using and which brand. Coco needs more food than soil. Soil will also typically come amended, meaning it has a bit of food in it ready to be used by the roots and you likely don't need to add food for a few weeks.

Often times when I start the feed, it is at half strength and then over the course of the grow, I bring it up to full strength. The plant will let you know if things are out of balance with too much or too little. Some people create super soils or living soils and they hardly need to feed at all.

In addition to NPK, products like silica and cal/mag are very common for growers to use. Tell us a little more about your grow or idea and we can help by being more specific for you

Comment

We'll, I don't know much about growing plants, this is my first shot. But I have a seedling with like 5 nodes in a pot of peat moss growing in my room under 40k lux (according to light meter) coming from a LED bulb. That's all lol. I don't have a grow room or any sophisticated stuff lol. I didn't give any food yet, just water. The plant tho looking ok so far if I can judge 🙃

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Well then do you intend on producing any smoke?

If I can 🤷

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Is it just a old seed or something you bought? Do you know the strain it maybe? If it's summer you could take it outdoors where you live. Is that your plant in your pic with your name?

In order to get it to smoke, you will need an area of complete darkness for the flowering cycle. It needs to be 100% dark, no light under the door, no light coming through a vent or a crack or a corner or nothing. You'll need a little fan to move the air. With those things you stand a chance. Its certainly far from having all of the "basics" but if you really don't care and just want to see, then why not?

Comment

Yes that's my plant in the picture, I live in Egypt that's a good weather for growing I think, and yeah I can make room for full darkness before I flip it to flowering. I was just wanting to know about feeding the plant with nutrients. So I kinda got an idea on how often it should be fed. Also Chad made me kinda optimistic so I think I will keep going and see what I can do or get haha
          Attached Files

Comment

In the near future, you will want to move it to a larger pot. When you do, add some perlite in the new soil to decrease the soil compaction. If there isn't enough air in the soil, the roots can drown. The current mix looks fairly heavy, but you can likely make do. The plant may get twice as tall when you flip it into flower, so if you are looking for an experiment and a small amount of smoke, you may be getting close to that time. The larger it gets, the more food it is going to want, so the smaller size may keep it a bit more manageable for you. If you have access to plant food though, you can keep going.

Comment

Thank you very much for all the info, really appreciate it bro

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X