my second grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! my second grow

My second grow.. can anyone help me to save these sick looking blackwidow seedlings, there 3weeks old from seed, grown under a 6000watts ledlight, sitting about 23in to 27in from plant top, under 24hr light, in soil made for seeds + seedlings with nutrients lasting up to 6mths. any knowledge will be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Comment

Now i am not positive but if i had to guess i would assume it is caused by incorrect ph what kind of soil is it i noticed you say with nutrients lasting up to 6mths if so is it Miracle-Gro Soil if so i found this info in the past when i was looking for soil and came across lasting up to 6 month soil

Do not use “Miracle-Gro” soil or any soil that has “extended release” nutrients for growing cannabis. These types of soil will continue to release nitrogen to your plant roots for up to 6 months. This can cause deficiencies or burn your cannabis plants in the flowering/budding stage, reducing your overall yields. I have seen growers successively grow cannabis in Miracle Gro, but many of them struggled with Nutrient problems in the flowering stage

If the soil is time released it probably is a problem and not feeding them the correct amount of nutrients.

Here is the link about time released nutrients that i got the info from https://www.growweedeasy.com/miracle...wing-marijuana

Comment

• jiules
        jiules commented
        Editing a comment
        scotts osmocote seed&cutting premium potting mix.. it has controlled release fertiliser 6mths..
        every bag of potting mix in the shops have added nutrients or a with organic fertilisers, should i be using a good clean potting mix then adding my own 2part soil hydro mix...i looked at that link, i got the nutrient part worked out but not sure which soil to use..

Others with more experience will also weigh in...your soil is too wet. Let your pots dry out...completely. Check the PH of the water you are applying after the pots have dried. For soil the PH should be between 6.0-7.0. I like 6.3. You need some perlite to create some air pockets for the roots. What/how much/how often are you watering?
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• jiules
        jiules commented
        Editing a comment
        i am watering with filtered water, about 10-15mls to each plant, 2times a day..what do u recommend with watering..

Looks to me like your plants don't like your hot soil.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• jiules
        jiules commented
        Editing a comment
        yes it may be that, i read ur comment then i moved them away from the 6000w led and placed them about 5in under a 75w cfl globe, it looks like there greener, growing better..

jiules I don't know much about other soils as i found what i wanted when i was looking the prices seemed crazy on some soil paying up to $50 to $80 for a average size bag you will have to make a post about the best soils to use if you want info on other soils but with what i use is the Pro-Mix Mycorrhizae Growing Medium, 60-lb Hp now i use the Hp bag but there is the Bx bag the reason i chose the Pro-mix hp back in 2018 when i started growing was because it seemed cheap but good also you get alot of it almost like you are buying in bulk.

Pro-mix Hp has more perlite i believe so it will dry out faster compared to Bx not positive but thats what i recall the 60-lb bag lasts me close to 3 grows in 5 gallon pots with 4 plants and costs $33.99 Cad so 26.10 usd which is a good deal well in my opinion.

I Also use Gh flora trio but you would be able to sub it out for any 2part soil hydro mix when i first started in 2018 i had no experience anything in the garden never had anything to do with plants soil nothing and managed to succeed the first crop with good results my second grow i manifolded but i added Calimagic / any calmag supplement should work with even better results then my first grow with few deficiency problems in a way pro-mix Hp seemed noob friendly.

Ive added more stuff since and new techniques but with Pro-mix hp and Flora trio i grew just fine but the issues i did run into was cause i needed a calmag supplement i had no issues growing with Flora Trio and calimagic with the pro-mix Hp and using ph up and down on my water.

I also use Smart Fabric Pots I use Pro-mix hp for the entire grow Seedling to Harvest

Attached Files

Comment

• jiules
        jiules commented
        Editing a comment
        u have helped me heaps, i am changing my soil and the way i grow these, that link is great, i will show u the end results about the end of February or march.. cheers.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X