Humidifier In Small Grow Tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Humidifier In Small Grow Tent

I have recently harvested (on Monday 11-2) my first grow [Auto] plants, and they are currently hanging in my grow tent. Doing some more reading, I read that during this time, you want 50% - 60% (or 65%) humidity. Looking at my temp. and humidity gauge, I am at around 35% humidity at time of harvest (the picture is showing 42%). My gauge sits on the bottom of my grow tent, so not sure how much of a difference that makes. I was curious if it is worth getting a small humidifier to put inside my grow tent and if so, what brand/model would be suggested.

My tent is 27"x27"x63".

I also have a small fan I leave running at its lowest all the time.

Any tips and suggestions would be appreciated.

Attached Files

I have the opposite problem with humidity in my climate so I’ll leave that to someone else. My advice is to get that fan out of your tent while drying or your buds will be crispy in no time. While drying the only thing running inside my tent is the exhaust fan on low. I turn all other fans off and set one floor fan in my grow room blowing towards the tent intake. You want a slow dry.

Comment

Thank you. I have turned my fan off. The room with my grown tent has a small ceiling fan, and I have left it on 24/7 to keep the air circulating. Do you think that will suffice? My opened the bottom vent in the back of the tent during the grow to allow for fresh air to enter. Perhaps I should open another on the side, or both on the side?

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        One vent is plenty. I wouldn’t even open it but a little bit, that will help raise the humidity. The damp towels mentioned below sounds like a good temporary fix.

Honeywell HCM350W Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier

I have this in my 5x3 tent usually raises the humidity by almost 10% just on the low setting.
      Vivosun 5x3 tent, AC Infinity T6 fan, Vivosun carbon filter,5 gallon fabric pots, coco-coir, 600watt Vivosun MH/HPS

Comment

A temporary fix (or little help anyway) might be put a big pan of water in or hang some damp towels. If I leave the water set in my drip pans to evaporate on it’s own my Rh goes up 6-8. Might help a little until you get something more permanent.

Comment

Thank you for all the suggestions. Very helpful. I will definitely hang up a towel here in a minute.

Would using a humidifier during the grow be useful as well, or just for the drying/hanging period?

Also, I left the leaves on while they are hanging. I read that this is helpful if you have low humidity. At least that is what I recall reading.
          Last edited by Quore; 11-04-2020, 09:20 PM.

Comment

If you humidify the room the tent is in, your fan will pull in humid air. If you try to humidify the tent, the fan will remove it. 😬
            get the largest humidifier you can afford. Maybe even a portable swamp cooler. You can always turn off the humidifier if it’s getting to wet in there. Too small will not do it and loss of flavor will be unavoidable in the final product.
            4x4 600w HID empty for summer
            3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
            2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
            running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Just checked and the humidity is 55% right now.

I will trim the bigger leaves tonight.

Comment

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I would trim the large fan leaves and leave the sugar leaves until cure/storage.

OK, Im dumb. What are the differences and how do I tell them apart, fan leaves vs. sugar leaves?

Comment

• Quore
                Quore commented
                Editing a comment
                Nevermind. I looked it up and understand now.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X