Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discolored Fan Leaves

Hi -

I transplanted this clone 11 days ago into 3gal pot with fox farm ocean forest. I ended up topping it way too early (day after transplant) and it got stressed and started wilting. The lights were also a little too intense - I dialed that back and it's been growing pretty good the past 5 days or so.

The issue is the discoloration on the leaves. It first showed up a couple days after I topped it, and I assumed it was stress-related. Now that the plant seems to have recovered from the topping - is it normal for the leaves to stay yellow? I don't think there's a nutrient deficiency - FFOF should have enough for 3-4 weeks. I monitor the soil moisture and I've only watered it twice since transplant (ph-balanced distilled water) and I don't think overwatering is an issue. Soil ph is a little high (~7) but still lower than my other clone which is thriving. It's in a tent at 75F with ~50% humidity.

I've included pics below - any feedback would be appreciated. I'm just trying to isolate the issue and determine if the discoloration is due to stress from the topping ~10 days ago or something else. The discoloration is mostly isolated to the bottom leaves - the top of the plant looks pretty healthy.

Thanks!

I see a root issue, likely the PH is off in the soil, were the leaves clipped off or is that bug damage?

Comment

• electricbuddha
      electricbuddha commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a clone so that leaf was clipped off. A few weeks later and my plant is doing great again but thanks for the response!

I see discoloration on the margins of some leaves, I would not think that is related to the transplant or topping. It can indicate a few different deficiencies like potassium or magnesium. That soil typically has plenty of nutrient in there, so it may be a Ph lock-out issue as Rwise suggests. Do you keep your input of distilled water at 7.0Ph? You are correct, 7.0 is a bit too high for a soil Ph, bringing that down should free up more nutrient uptake.

Your older yellow leaves likely aren't going to yellow back up, the chlorophyl has been depleted.

Comment

• electricbuddha
      electricbuddha commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the response. A few weeks later and this plant is doing great. I think it was just stress from the transplant - maybe a nutrient deficiency. I started feeding it fox farm big bloom / grow big and cal-mag and its doing fine now.

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      Im glad that you are back on track. Enjoy the grow!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X