Mushroom substrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mushroom substrate

Hey everyone. So I have another hobby besides growing cannabis. Which is now my favorite too.
    I've been growing different mushrooms. The substrate consists of
    Coco coir
    Vermiculite
    Calcium sulfate
    Calcium carbonate
    Along with the mushroom culture that has already done its thing.
    Is it ok to use the substrate for my cannabis.? Like I want to mix it in with my foxfarms ocean forest soil and happy frog conditioner. Do I need to let it age or dry or go thru any process before I mix it in with soil?
    I plan on making 4- 4gal pots up today and was curious if it's ok to use right away after I harvest the mushrooms? Thanks guys. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200726_171031.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	464679
    4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
    1x Slapz
    1x Quikz
    2x red runtz
    1x flo-see
    1x 2B blunt
    1x persian pie

I think it's a great addition to the soil, i'd use it for sure with some extra perilite along with it. I've recycled my soils for 2 grows then i put it into the garden beds. I keep adding worm compost bat droppings to my large tote outdoors keep it in a tight lid tote. I got a neighbor who grows mushrooms like you do
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by HobbitGDF View Post
      Hey everyone. So I have another hobby besides growing cannabis. Which is now my favorite too.
      I've been growing different mushrooms. The substrate consists of
      Coco coir
      Vermiculite
      Calcium sulfate
      Calcium carbonate
      Along with the mushroom culture that has already done its thing.
      Is it ok to use the substrate for my cannabis.? Like I want to mix it in with my foxfarms ocean forest soil and happy frog conditioner. Do I need to let it age or dry or go thru any process before I mix it in with soil?
      I plan on making 4- 4gal pots up today and was curious if it's ok to use right away after I harvest the mushrooms? Thanks guys. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200726_171031.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	464679
      Ok mate i was thinking about growing musherooms can u talk me through what u do if u dont mind have u tried growing morrells

Comment

Not morels.
        cubes, tamps, and lionsmane.
        there is a mushroom website like this one but for mycology and other plants , cactus, and other active plants.
        4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
        1x Slapz
        1x Quikz
        2x red runtz
        1x flo-see
        1x 2B blunt
        1x persian pie

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X