First auto-flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First auto-flower

Hello everyone. I am looking for some advice/input for my next grow. I want to set up the tent with just auto-flowers. I have a 2' x 4' x 6' tent and I use Green Planet nutrients. My fixture for veg is a 4' Agrobrite T5 fixture (18/6) and when I switch to 12/12, I remove that one and run tandem MarsHydro Mars 600W with Phlizon 600W through to harvest. The MarsHydro only has one switch but the Phlizon has two but I keep them both on. (I realize these are very low-end lights, but they have produced some beautiful bud.)

I am going to grow Seedsman Auto Alaskan Purple, Pink Kush CBD 30:1 Auto, Green Crack Auto, and G13 Labs Pineapple Express Auto. I want to not have to change out my lights so wonder if anyone has any thoughts on which light(s) you might use throughout.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts,
    Sandra

Sounds great - use your best lights and turn them on 20/4 - autoflowers don't need 12/12 to initiate flowering - they should be shooting up pistils by week 3.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thank you for your response. Do you have an opinion as to whether the fluorescent light fixture produces better or the LED grow lights? BTW, I see you use Green Planet nutrients also. I am very pleased with their system.

Comment

I'd be curious what spectrums your lights are. Blurple can be used for full run. Your T5 should have a Kelvin rating for the bulb. That basically gives you a color tone. You might see 5,000k day light or 3500k warm white. Do you know which Kelvin rating your bulbs are at? I'm assuming the other two lights are blurple, is that correct?

What are the wattages on all of the fixtures, separately?

Comment

• ChadWestport
          ChadWestport commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats the Phlizon? I wasn't familiar with it, thank you. So a T5, LED or HID. If that HID set-up can handle both MH and HPS, then I would likely go with that and the Mars. Get them started with the mars and during veg turn on the MH. Then in flower, switch the bulb to HPS.

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t know anything about the Phlizon. I just happened to know about the Mars 600

• ChadWestport
          ChadWestport commented
          Editing a comment
          oh jeez, can you just call me the assumption king? lol. I had no idea mars made stuff other than led.. omg, I'm gonna stop. thanks Xena

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X