Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A lot of yellowing, some twisted growth, odd plant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of yellowing, some twisted growth, odd plant!

As title, my little 2 week old girl (White Widow CBD Auto 30:1) has some issues.

Ever since seedling she has had yellowing, but as some people told me that some strains can colour differently I wanted to wait this out.

However now since the last few days some sections seem to be twisting as if it is looking for light in the wrong place.

Growth is also very uneven

Click image for larger version

Name:	1C5MZ18.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	3.96 MB
ID:	464353
    I've got my light to about 50% intensity, lux meters show lower than daylight.

Humidity is kept between 55% and 65% (humidifier with hygrometer).

Temperatures are 24-25 directly under the light, and 22-23 ambient.

Additionally, there is a fan as can be seen below which I know must ideally be replaced, but only using it to disperse the mist from the humidifier, once plant starts to grow denser will install oscillating fan instead. The extractor fan is actually pretty good at creating airflow! (Used a vaporizer before starting to confirm this.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	kWF3NaJ.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	4.24 MB
ID:	464354
    As you can see from my setup, I'm only growing a single plant as it is a test & first growth.

Please ignored my mess! Note, this is not hydro, I only built this to manage the overflow easier.

She is planted in coco coir with perlite, and made sure not to be over or under watered.

I feed with tripart general hydroponics at half strength in the (what I thought) correct order of calmag - micro - grow - bloom - ph tested and adjusted to 5.8. (Fluctuating between 5.6 and 6 to allow different nutrients to be absorbed.)

My sister got a bagseed, wacked it in a pot of generic soil, put it on the window sill and looks perfect, yet mine looks like I've been abusing it.

Could anyone point me in the right direction of where I am going wrong?

Additionally, is this a lost case and should I start over with adjustments to my setup?

Thank you for reading and hopefully someone can help.

If I had to guess it looks like TMV, tobacco mosaic disease.
    Tobacco mosaic virus causes strange mottling symptoms in the leaves, slow growth and reduced yields. Learn how to identify and treat TMV for good!
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Thank you for this. That does look scarily similar... Do you reckon I should pull the plug or should I let it run its course and then sterilize everything before doing a new grow?

Comment

You definitely have a plant with genetic mutations. I mentioned this not too long ago, but variegation is the name for what you are likely looking at. Sometimes it is natural, other times it is related to a virus, TMV is one of the potential viruses.

If it were TMV, you need to sterilize all of your equipment and anything that has come into contact with juice from that plant. TMV is easily spread and very resistant. But the only real way to confirm TMV would be by running an expensive test.

Comment

I have a similar one. Im pretty sure its a veragated mutation. These are about 4 or 5 days away from harvest, hence why the leaves look like shit. Some buds are half and other are completely yellow. Pretty cool.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• ChadWestport
            ChadWestport commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats rad! I have one strain that everything in direct light will purple a few weeks before the backsides and the lower stuff. Almost wanted to call it two-face.

Definitely can't wait to trim the babies and see what kind of color they will end up.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Happy to report it is still growing, I do hope it will produce at least something, but time will tell!

At least I know apart from perhaps tool sanitation I've done everything right so far.

PLreef, I do hope mine come out similar to yours!

My next grow will be a bit bigger, hoping to run 3-4 plants simultaneously, so it is good to know it might be TMV, as if it were to spread I'd be very sad!

Attached Files

Comment

• Ziemelblazma
              Ziemelblazma commented
              Editing a comment
              I had same patterns on leaves at my current grow, but on one side branch only, branch was smaller than others, ended up cutting it off. It looked like it was going to live and make flowers, though.

Quality and quantity will suffer, but I think You'll get some flowers at the end of the grow!

Progress update! Does this still look as expected?
            Attached Files

Comment

She's putting on flowers and you've made it this far, keep at it!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X