600watt HPS heat issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are the lady's this morning in Natural light
    Vivosun 5x3 tent, AC Infinity T6 fan, Vivosun carbon filter,5 gallon fabric pots, coco-coir, 600watt Vivosun MH/HPS

Comment

I think they might be looking a little dark and curled down around the leaf edges but they only seem to look like that to me under the hps with the blue glasses on. Idk lol.
      Now I am overthinking everything.
      Vivosun 5x3 tent, AC Infinity T6 fan, Vivosun carbon filter,5 gallon fabric pots, coco-coir, 600watt Vivosun MH/HPS

Comment

What is your light ducting connected to i would have a fan blowing cold air across it or sucking air across it what ever easy then i would have the end outside also i would get another fan blowing cold air in the bottom of tent u should have 2 fans one sucking and one blowing thats without your hood but your plants look good in pics i think thats your issue only 1 fan mate

Comment

I turned the ballast down to 400 when the lights went out. This morning I was able to move the hood down to around 14" above them.
          Canopy temp is holding around 74 with my fan only on 5 now.
          getting closer to 60,000 with a lux meter now.
          I do have an intake fan sucking air in at the bottom of the tent. i think it may be like @ChadWestport said maybe the 3' is just too narrow to try to run it at 600 if I open my tent all the way up temps drop to 72-74 but yeah close it up and its up to 78.

Comment

The light is cooled with an AC Infinity cloudline T6

Comment

400 watts it seems to have no problems staying cool with the tent closed

Comment

Ieave it at 400 then maybe go bigger than 3 inch how many plants have u and tent size if leaves curling it nitrogen but the more u get into it the more obssesive and addicted u get about everything being spot on i know i have mate

Comment

Originally posted by 420Cndee View Post
                  I have had my air cooled 600watt hood for about 2 weeks now and I have it hooked up to my cloudline T6 fan I figured this would be more than adequate to exhaust heat after reading tutorials on here but my 5x 3 tent keeps hitting 78 degrees unless I have the hood around 24-30 inches. when I check with a lux meter at 30" I am still getting around 45,000-55,000 is this enough or how accurate is a lux meter really? Big bud is around 6 weeks definately flowering now and purple hulk is around 5 weeks. I know 78 maybe isn't too hot but by the end of the day just b4 the lights go out they look dry and wilted and crunchy I thought it may be something else but after they sleep the next morning they look great again. I know this probably looks like a lot of babbling but I havent had time to get on here to post questions and I dont have pictures at the moment. I have a 16 year old special needs child that has been a terror the last couple weeks this was the x factor I was worried about when I started this I have way too many irons in the fire now.
                  my tent (4 x 6) with led runs at 31 C or about 87 F with a 8 in exhaust. The temps will cool down in the winter a bit.. No issues

Comment

78 is a great temp. Not even close to too hot. You can cool that tent more efficiently if you can get the hose to run more in a straight line. You'd be surprised what a diff that can make. The girls could be showing signs of light stress as opposed to heat stress. A lux of 45-55,000 should be fine though. I run two 600 hps and have heat issues in the summer.
                    Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Originally posted by changeofpace2014 View Post

my tent (4 x 6) with led runs at 31 C or about 87 F with a 8 in exhaust. The temps will cool down in the winter a bit.. No issues
                      Your going to be cooking off your terps at that temp though. Some terpenes start to volatize in the upper 70's, so you will be loosing some of the smells and flavors of the cannabis.

Comment

Originally posted by 420Cndee View Post
                        I turned the ballast down to 400 when the lights went out. This morning I was able to move the hood down to around 14" above them.
                        Canopy temp is holding around 74 with my fan only on 5 now.
                        getting closer to 60,000 with a lux meter now.
                        I do have an intake fan sucking air in at the bottom of the tent. i think it may be like @ChadWestport said maybe the 3' is just too narrow to try to run it at 600 if I open my tent all the way up temps drop to 72-74 but yeah close it up and its up to 78.
                        I'm glad this is working for you. All of that sounds like good news.

Comment

Originally posted by ChadWestport View Post

Your going to be cooking off your terps at that temp though. Some terpenes start to volatize in the upper 70's, so you will be loosing some of the smells and flavors of the cannabis.
                          Not the first grow with this setup and I can smell them as soon as I enter the room even with a carbon filter..O and they are still in the late manifold stage.

I guess mileage varies or perhaps the strain makes a difference to tolerance.

Comment

• ChadWestport
                            ChadWestport commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You're smelling lost terps. But it does make it lovely to walk into the room

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X