Cutting fan leaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutting fan leaves?

Hey people. I new to this forum but need a bit of advice here. Am currently growing Critical Kush. This is my first solo grow and I am now into week five of flower and everything is looking good. One thing though is that I seem to have a lot of foilage going on and am wondering if it is OK to get rid of a few of the fan leaves?

I am also having a bit of trouble maintaining the humidity particularly during the dark and have read that this could be due to the excessive fan leaves. Some people seem to advise to keep them and some advise to get rid of. I thought I was doing alright until I started researching. Any advice?

Well there is also a dif in inside vs outside, inside yes defoliate them, outside leave those feeder leaves on them unless there is WPM etc. issue.
    Welcome to GWE

Comment

• hornbill
      hornbill commented
      Editing a comment
      Indoor grow. No WPM that I have noticed just so so leafy. Thanks for the advice man. You know how it is with the internet sometimes you have a pimple and the next thing your head's gonna fall off.

In my experience any type of kush is extremely leafy and needs to be defoliated regularly. They’re a pain in the butt IMO but I like the sedative effect a kush provides late at night.

Comment

• hornbill
      hornbill commented
      Editing a comment
      well I have just given them a reasonable haircut. leafy is an understatement, Sir David Attenborough would have been proud

By week 5 you should have your lower 1/3 cleaned out. Too late to lolly but you can take some fans off for sure.
    Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

take fans off blocking bud also get get dehumidifier for when lights out mate

Comment

• hornbill
        hornbill commented
        Editing a comment
        Got the humidity under control now, sitting a betweeen 40-50.. Yup done the fans blocking bud thing. All looking good. thanks for advice man

Just be careful the amount you take by off cos after week 3/4 of flower the plant can’t regrow any more fans so what you’ve got left is what you got to fatten up those buds. Bending them works just fine too

Comment

• hornbill
        hornbill commented
        Editing a comment
        Over the past few days I took of a reasonable shot of fan leaves but only the ones blocking the buds. There is still plenty of leaf and I think I shall leave them be now. If I took off too many I'll learn from it. Thanks

Just out of interest......... These ladies are about foot and half high but full of buds, more than twenty on one plant, not counting popcorn. Is this normal?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure would help with a photo

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X