Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I find the best tutorials on drying please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I find the best tutorials on drying please?

I’m looking for drying guidance. I cut the plants a few days ago, they are all drying separately on string upside down in a dark room with a fan. I read somewhere they are not ready to be canned till the twig snaps. I also need to do the second trim..I’m sure there are tutorials I can be tagged in. I’m trying to find my way around here but I’m yet to locate them. Thanks for the help

Try this one https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ity-other-tips
    3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
    Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
    Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
    Couple of fans for airflow
    First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
    Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
    Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Comment

• Happysez
      Happysez commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.. it’s good and I’ve read it but I still don’t know when the perfect time is to take out the drying room. Not crispy I gather but I don’t want to take it out too early as we have a lot of humidity here. I have the room at 50% humidity and 72 temperature. Took off the small leaves Yesterday and I have the dehumidifier in the room or it goes really humid. Just don’t want to leave them drying too long either

Forget The tutorials. You gotta practice to understand the changes the bud goes thru. SQueeze feel and smell buds and jars everyday

Comment

• Happysez
      Happysez commented
      Editing a comment
      I need to know what I’m feeling for though? I’m in the room every day and as it’s so humid here , I don’t want to hear early coz it might go get mould , too late and too crispy.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats what you gotta figure out depending on the strain and the room conditions. You want the buds to make a bit of sound when you SQueeze them, you want small buds that break off the main stem easily but not too easy, You want the buds smelling like terpenes and not like grass when you jar

I agree with both buds73 and 9fingerleafs. You have to do some reading on growweedeasy site to understand the process and gain some knowledge but you are also going to have to gain knowledge by doing like 9fingerleafs mentioned by feeling and smelling the bud. I am new also, first grow this year and I just jarred the last of my grow last night. When I trimmed my buds and hung them to dry I was checking on them everyday sometimes more than once. I was squeezing and feeling my buds checking them and I was also smelling them. Now that they are in jars I am checking on them and opening the jars to burp them and check for moisture and dryness of the buds. I definitely recommend doing some reading up on the process and so you get an understanding of the process. I thought it was helpful. Good luck and hope everything turns out well for you!

Comment

• Happysez
      Happysez commented
      Editing a comment
      What was you feeling for ?

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      It does but you sacrifice a few trichomes

• gman420
      gman420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Happysez, I was feeling the bud checking to see if they still felt damp and also squeezing them checking to see if they have a stiff dry feeling or if they still feel a little moist and spring back because you don't want them to be to dry. I'm learning also but that's what I found in some of my research. Hope that helps

I can never get the stems to snap so I do not use that as an indicator. Neither the big ones or the middle size ones. The smallest ones will. Nobody ever says which size of stems to test. The buds can be bone dry and stems still just bend. Is it a strain issue?

Comment

Happysez It's a personal preference . If you're growing for your personal smoke there's nothing like the taste of a fresh bud. A lot of people prefer it including me, The only downside is it leaves a stronger smell and will stink up a room faster.

It takes a few weeks for the stems to get dry enough to break. While it is hanging the more of the stems you cut off the quicker the buds dry.

They can finish curing in the jars Check them, open and let them breathe a little everyday at first less often as they get dryer.

You have already done the hard part, this is the easy part. Plant more. Good luck, happy growing.
      Perpetual Harvests
      Set up: 6 x 6 Grow room https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...lies/smile.png [ Home made],2-spyder farmer,3 best VA. 12/12 Flowering...4X4 tent,18hours light for Autos and starting photos in veg. 2 mars hydro.
      Bonsai clones & feminized Started to move outdoors in season.
      2 Exhaust fans -- 3 Circulate intake fans. as needed, all wide open currently. Potting soil Mixed with homemade organic, perlite, peat moss, Worm castings.

“On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations” (Revelation 22:2).

Comment

• Happysez
        Happysez commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. We had a bud rot issue so I’m trying to prevent any mould as it’s quite humid here. I think maybe they are ready to go into jars. I’m keeping the room at 50% humidity by using a dehumidifier, it’s still felt a bit soft but it’s been hanging for a week now

Just don’t try and speed up the drying process or it can ruin your buds. And don’t point the fan directly at them. Let them hang as long as they need. I tent to jar based on the feel of the buds

Comment

• gman420
        gman420 commented
        Editing a comment
        First time harvesting this year and that's exactly what I did. Hung dry in the tent and based on the feel of the buds jarred them up. So far so good, one week into the burping process.

• Happysez
        Happysez commented
        Editing a comment
        I just don’t know what I’m feeling for. I read that the humidity should be around 50. I’ve had to get the dehumidifier in the room to get it to 52 as we have a lot of damp here. They still feel a bit sticky. They have been hanging for a week and just took off the little leaf yesterday. I think they will be ok to jar now just worried about doing it too early because of mold 🙈

• MagicMike66
        MagicMike66 commented
        Editing a comment
        I always get para during the drying phase but I wouldn’t worry. If they’ve been hanging a week already chances are they’re pretty much there. Just go with your gut. You’ll know by touching on your next grow

Thanks for the thread Happysez I also have some of the same questions. I especially like all the info that was provided. And really thank all of you that took the time to reply

Comment

• Happysez
        Happysez commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m still a bit lost but I suppose I just need to go with my gut as I don’t know when is the right time. If it wasn’t for the damp , I’d say get them down but definitely worried about mold

I'm new at this also. But I read somewhere that 70rh,70%,for 7 days then in jars. Now I don't have perfect situation for this but use it as a guideline. Hope this might help. I dried some this summer, that was too dry. Making sure I don't do that again

Comment

This is helpful as I am in my first drying process. Been about 48 hours now. So far on the growing process is just the waiting for everything to take it’s course.

Comment

Properly drying and curing your fresh cannabis harvest is essential to decrease the risk of mould, and to enhance the taste and high that your buds offer.

Another good source.
          Focus and relativity.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X