RH and temp issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RH and temp issues.

I need some help or ideas on how to manage my RH and Temps. I am currently running a hydro grow with 4x5gal buckets, 1000W LED panel, I have 1 exhaust fan up top (was a hand-me-down so I'm not sure about speed but it has no speed controller). I take temp and humidity readings at the top of the bucket and they hand around 30C and 29-32% RH. What measures can I take to help the situation?

If you can lower that temp a little even if it's a few degrees that should help with your humidity by as much as 10% maybe more. My tent was hitting 30c and more when the weather was a little warmer which would drop my humidity below 40%. With my particular setup I find if I can keep my temps around 26/27 my humidity stays between 50-60%
    3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
    Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
    Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
    Couple of fans for airflow
    First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
    Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
    Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Comment

What would be the best way to go about it? Bigger/stringer fan? Add intake or an oscillating fan? AC? Trial and error? )

Comment

Is this in a tent or a room?
        Sounds like the RH of the lung room is low, to begin with, so adding a humidifier may be necessary.
        I use a Cloudworks T6 fan that has temp/humidity parameters I can set to activate the fan.
        I think that there are stand-alone controllers you can use to control the fan.
        If you are growing in a tent, the room you're venting/pulling fresh air is too warm.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, you need an evaporative cooler

Yes, it is a tent. Measured room temperature and its 25-27C I will need to extend ducting to be able to vent outside the window and if that will not help ill go get an evaporative cooler. Already put an extra fan inside but it helps only marginally.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          How cold its the outside? And how moist

• gbauto
          gbauto commented
          Editing a comment
          When I run my primary room during the winter, I find that I need about an 8-10 degF differential from intake temps to desired room temp for it to work for me.
          Having the lung room at almost the same temp as the grow won't work- you have to be able to get rid of the thermal energy.

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/...=google&temp=c -this much. Will be much colder very soon. I was already thinking about setting up the intake from outdoors but it might get too cold. Unless there is some secret trick.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Cold enough

Went and got me an evaporative cooler. Now RH is in tent is around 50 and temps are about 25C. Definitely saw an improvement in the growth rate. Im a happier camper now.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Good for you man great to see some fast action

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X