Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Re: Black Stem Mold

Made a previous post about some "Black Stem Mold"
    the problem still persists. Unfortunately tonight its claimed its first victim. The "infection" seems to be spreading at a relatively moderate pace. I was thinking to cut it from below the start of the Infection. Shouldn't she grow back as long as there are noses below the cut? Also she is in the early stages of flowering would this after her in anyway?
    anyone have any other ideas before it's too late? I can't lose this strain and cloning isn't an option as she's already flowering. Please Help.
    can refer to my original post for pics etc. Thanks

You can still clone in flower. The clone will reveg when you give it 18 hours or more of light. That would probably be your best option at this point.

Comment

Do take clones, from below the bad area! An old timer here told me to try evaporated milk on it, I have never tried this so I have no idea if it works. And this old timer did not grow our plant.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was talking about white powdery mildo I've never heard of this yikes

Try this- Separate plant from others. Mix 1/3 hydrogen peroxide 3% and 2/3 water. Put in sprayer and soak the entire plant. Make sure you get the undersides of leaves and all the stems and top of soil or grow media. Wherever you see the foaming, that is the mold being destroyed. Keep the plant out of intense light, but give it some light and make sure it dries completely before returning to normal lighting. I use this freely for fungal issues. Peroxide breaks down into water and oxygen, so no danger of chemical contamination. Has worked for PWM and other fungal issues for me in the past.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting ,I've never thought of that and I use h202 quite often thank for the tip

• Ganjafarmer
        Ganjafarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        This is great thanks I'll keep this in mind for future use. I eventually solved the problem by reducing the amount of light it receives like you said, she was flowering anyway so the added darkness wasnt an issue. I also greately reduced the amount of water I usually give her sometime as long as 24 hrs without watering, when the mold was visibly and completely dried I returned to watering regularly, but I still dont do it as often as I use to. Lately she seems to be fine the infection stopped spreading all together and she continues to bud.

What I read about botrytis is it is not treatable, anything strong enuf to kill it kills the plant too. It also can spread fast

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        bud rot is a different thing all together ,when we see it we cut the stem under it,if there are uninfected buds above where you cut you can still use them

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X