Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drooping Fan Leaves

Hi -

I transplanted a clone 2.5 days ago. Put it in a 3gal fabric pot with Fox Farm Ocean Forest and soaked it with ph balalnced water right after planting (till runoff). I haven't watered it since.

My concern is that the leaves are starting to droop and I'm not 100% sure why.

I know drooping can be a sign of overwatering - but I've only watered it as much as my other clone which is doing great. I did have this clone isolated in a separate grow tent, and maybe put the humidifier a little too close? It was on full blast right next to the plant and I've since moved it to the other side of the tent. Humidifier has a sensor so it's just maintaining ~55% humidity in the tent. Temp is steady at 75F.

I also may have packed the soil a little too tight. I didn't press it down or anything but kept lightly patting it when I was filling the pot. Would it be OK to re-transplant at this point to a pot with looser soil?

I did top this clone yesterday and the shock may be causing the drooping, although the internet says this typically isn't a symptom of topping.

The plant seems healthy besides the drooping and it's really kind of isolated to the top few leaves. This is my first time growing, just want to stay on top of it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Pic of the plant included for reference.

Thanks!

It's drooping - or pouting - cuz you've done too much to it toooooooo fast. Should have given it some time to recover from the transplant.

But you didn't - you went ahead and topped it - causing more stress.

Don't transplant it again. Give it some time to grow man.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thanks Canuck - that makes sense. I regretted topping it almost immediately - I only did that cause I heard transplanting wasn't too stressful for the plants. Good to know for the future - I think I just need to remember this a marathon not a sprint...

Comment

u should hit with some recharge u probably missed some roots topping would not do that but it will stress the plant some

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X