Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To ALL the viparspectra users!!

So I have a Viparspectra R900
    and it have been running almost for 370 days now. I located a huge amount of dust inside my cabinet on the ballast.
    I only saw it because my lumatek lamp was shining on it, at some angle.
    The lumatek don’t have a this problem, because it have no fans, because it don’t need the fans. The ballast it’s outside and on top of the leds. So it doesn’t even draw dust to lamp because of no fans. =No problem, quality.

my question is, how do you all clean your vipar lamps ? Do you open the cabinet by removing the bolts ? I know the warranty will go away if you open up, but I don’t expect to have a decent conversation with Chinese people about a warranty anyway.
    I’m just a little nervous about the light is going to catch a fire with all that dust inside.

suggestions??

I don’t have a air compressor, so I can’t blow the dust out with compressed air.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

If the dust isn't too bad. Maybe you could try canned air.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Canned air ?😅. Must be an American thing ?😅😅

It’s dust from 370 days, there is a lot inside. Like small “mountains” all round the ballast.

Its for blowing out keyboards and things. But if you dont have access to that I would take it apart.
    If you can find canned air at a office supply store.
    They have the long straw like on a WD-40 can that will help you reach deep inside and blow off the dust.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Never heard of it lol.
      I can try to look it up next time I’m in the hardware store 👍🏻

Yea I was thinking of removing the cabinet. But I honestly don’t know if I break something in the light, it’s a Chinese lamp, you never know.

But thanks for the canned air advice 🤟🏻

• buds73
      buds73 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's compressed air in a can. Should be able to find it in any store that sells computer equipment may also find it in an art and craft store as it can be used for an airbrush if you don't have a compressor.

Any chance you could vacuum it out. Maybe make a fixture to get in there

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good idea! Maybe I could use my dyson for it🤔🤔
      Just need to build an adapter for the small holes..

Really a stupid lamp🤦🏼 Typically Chinese

Thanks mate

Any Office max- or Staples or any office supply place including Walmart will have compressed air. Do it outside if possible because it will be messy.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      No Wal-Mart in Europe 😂🤟🏻

But yea I get the idea, thanks

I’d try to use a vacuum as well then if that didn’t work it would be coming apart. Canned air works great to blow crumbs and dust out of keyboards but if you used it on the light it would blow the dust off the bulbs but it’ll just be relocated somewhere else inside the framing.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good point.
      I don’t care about the tent, going to clean everything when the last plants are done. But yea maybe I’m just blowing it around inside the cabinet.. need to make something for the dyson then.
      Thanks champ

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2663.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	2.36 MB
ID:	462539Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2664.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	462540 If your growing in a tent then nothing following this line probably helps.
    I noticed during my first grow that there were dust particles on my plants while checking the trichomes. After harvest while breaking down setup to do changes I thought of making while doing that grow I found my vipar's were covered in dust. I used my air compressor and vacuum to clean them best I could and thought about where it was coming from. Since I use a merv 11 air filter for incoming air I knew it shouldn't be from intake air. After thinking it over I realized the dust was on only the top self of some i'd built to hold things i want close at hand while working in there. That's when it hit me the dust I was seeing is falling from the cracks between the boards that make up the main floor of my home. I took a top sheet and cut strips and attached them to the floor joists over my grow which caught the majority of the dust. Second grow there was noticeably less on lights but still seen some on plants so between 2nd and 3rd grows I added more to the area above where I set to work on or enjoy my grow and over area where fans set. I now see very little on the plants or the lights. There are still 3 or 4 areas between the floor joist I haven't added strips to but they can't be done till I have a break between grows due to having to drop duct work I have run between those floor joists. I still have 15 to 20 minutes before lights come on but will take a photo and add it later today
    Last edited by Poppa; 10-25-2020, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I grow in a tent 🤣.
      But I don’t have any air intake or nothing. My tent I completely open every time the lights are on. So the dust is coming from the basement. (It’s a new basement) but anyway. It seems like the vipar is sucking dust in the cabinet, it’s crazy..

CaptainWiese91 Yes i received the 450r back from Vipar repair in Calif. It was packaged well but........when me and hubby took it out of box and flipped it over to look at the light plugged in man oh man i shut it down quickly just because of all the bugs and debris left in it at the repair place. When they removed the back portion and what not, i don't know if they leave it off and not covered but there was dried bugs and other like soot or burnt looking small fiber particulants. Now that " they " took off the back i will blow it out with the " canned air " that's all it is. And yes i told them all about it and took photos, shoddy workmanship at repair not using it yet but when i do it will be blown out prior to long term hanging. Awful job not cleaned at all.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool. I have enough hints now. I know what to do when I’m finish with the banana grow 🤟🏻

Just needed to know. 😅

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X