Humidity issue + Some sort of deficiency help [PICTURES]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humidity issue + Some sort of deficiency help [PICTURES]

Hi guys. I'm having some issues with my girls. They've been vegging for a couple months. Flipped to 12/12 about ten days ago and did one feeding of my flower nutrients, and since then I've been feeding water every two days to avoid overwatering and excess nutrients/nutrient poisoning or whatever it's called.

Currently, I have relatively high temps, in the high 70's to low 80's. Humidity is around 60%-70% even with my little dehumidifier I bought. Also now I just noticed there's some sort of discoloration on my leaf tips. For the leaf tips, I believe this could be because the lights are too close, or I need to start dosing nutrients again because I've only been doing water. Soil is Ocean Forest, however when I first purchased it I rinsed the soil so I feel like all the nutrients are gone. This is my first grow and I'm really nervous I'll mess something up this far into the process.

I've attached lots of photos of my setup. I have three LED bulbs each 75 Watts, and a 125 LED bulb but I think that might be the culprit for high temps/discolored leaf tips. No clue. I have lots of fans, so I got good air flow. I have three plants here. You can see in the first and third pictures, the tips of a couple leaves appear to be brown/yellow.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2920.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.22 MB ID:	462153Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2917.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.98 MB ID:	462154Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2921.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.19 MB ID:	462155Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2916.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.91 MB ID:	462156Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2918.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.24 MB ID:	462157Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2919.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.44 MB ID:	462158

That tiny little dehumidifier in the tent isn’t going to cut it. You need a big humidifier in the room your tent is in and get the humidity in your grow room down. The temp/humidity inside the tent will always be higher than the room the tent is in so if you have hot/humid air going into a tent that’s already hot and humid......that’s why I told you on your other post to get the temp and humidity down in your grow room, then you can work on getting the environment inside the tent itself in check

Comment

Originally posted by bboyfromwayback View Post
      That tiny little dehumidifier in the tent isn’t going to cut it. You need a big humidifier in the room your tent is in and get the humidity in your grow room down. The temp/humidity inside the tent will always be higher than the room the tent is in so if you have hot/humid air going into a tent that’s already hot and humid......that’s why I told you on your other post to get the temp and humidity down in your grow room, then you can work on getting the environment inside the tent itself in check
      My concern is that now that winter is approaching I will be turning my furnace on so I'm not cold, which will make the grow room relatively warm. I think I might just not turn it on so that it's cold air.

Comment

coolguy, looks like your still in the veg stage, that humidity is not going to hurt them, looks like you have fans, so as long as you keep the air moving your fine. as for the burnt tips, it could be the light, wait distance are they from the plants? what kind of led light are they? looks like fluorescent tubes? those tubes aren't UV light are they?

Comment

Your plants look fine coolguy. The burned tips is a sign that you have the nutrients dialed in just fine. I would alternate with the nutes. Water, then nutes then water then nutes etc. Watering every other day seems a bit much. Pick up your pots. If they feel light, water. If they feel heavy, don't.

Comment

I agree with kingfish - get your pH between 5.5 - 6.5.
            Plants look fine.
            ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by kingfish View Post
              Your plants look fine coolguy. The burned tips is a sign that you have the nutrients dialed in just fine. I would alternate with the nutes. Water, then nutes then water then nutes etc. Watering every other day seems a bit much. Pick up your pots. If they feel light, water. If they feel heavy, don't.
              Ok I'll do a nutrient feeding today. Thank u stranger. U sure that the burnt tips are OK? I moved the lights back regardless. What about humidity? How bad is that? I'd prefer to not buy an expensive dehumidifer.

Comment

• kingfish
                kingfish commented
                Editing a comment
                Providing you don't increase the nutes, they are fine. As for the RH. If you are still vegging the RH is good. Now once you go into flowering, you might want to get the RH in the lower 40% range or lower.
                Last edited by kingfish; 10-24-2020, 02:29 PM.

• coolguy122333
                coolguy122333 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes as I mentioned I am in flower. I flipped the lights to 12/12 About a week ago and they're just now starting to develop pistils. Currently RH is at 60, and although I do have lots of fans and ventilation I really don't want budrot.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X