proper pH pen care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

proper pH pen care

Hey growers, I just got a new pH pen, HM digital PH-80. How do you all store and care for your meters? I want to take better care of this one. It's my second meter first one was more of a learning experience. I already use a storage solution and keep the meter moist. Should I use the HM brand of storage solution? Or can I just use another brand of KCl solution such as BlueLab? And How do you guys go about cleaning your meters? Any and all advice is appreciated.

I use the toothbrush that came with my Bluelab pen to clean - I store it standing up vertically in the box it came in.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I have a Hannah Instruments PH pen and use Blue Lab storage solution. My pen lays on it's side on a shelf when not in use. I've had it a while and no issues at all.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

I hang my blue lab pen vertically and fill the reservoir tip with their 7.0 PH calibration solution. I still use the drops to double check though, there can be "glitches" on occasion.

Comment

I clean my bluelab with the toothbrush and cleaner they provided monthly. I recalibrate at the same time. I always store it right side up with water in the cap.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

thank you all for your responses. Based on them it looks like I am doing a good job with care, my last meter probably just went bad from age (and it was cheap).

Comment

I've had my blue lab take a dump before, so it can happen with any of them.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X