No announcement yet.

1st growautoflowers defoliation??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR 1st growautoflowers defoliation??

Ok so after I was told I topped her too soon and then cracked her stem wit some lst I will ask 1st what and if I can take some leaves off her. She is 34 days old.
    Vivosun 5x3 tent, AC Infinity T6 fan, Vivosun carbon filter,5 gallon fabric pots, coco-coir, 600watt Vivosun MH/HPS

Its just amazing that was her in my profile picture 34 days ago!
    Vivosun 5x3 tent, AC Infinity T6 fan, Vivosun carbon filter,5 gallon fabric pots, coco-coir, 600watt Vivosun MH/HPS

Comment

I would take a few of the large leaves that are shading young shoots. She's about to explode in flower, they'll get left behind by the main tops and become larf if you don't expose them to the light. Don't cut off too many at one time and I wouldn't take any healthy leaves off that are hanging outside and not blocking anything.

Comment

ok thank you for the advice.I was just worried bc yes she is starting to flower and I didnt want to cause any issues

Comment

if it were me about 10 days be 4 flip i would give her a heavy defolage start my flowering nutes at 1/2 strength then move to the flowering tent .... oh yea very nice looking garden u have i would look at the cal/mag but that's just my opinion ....... u said auto flower and no signs of flowering yet what strain i jumped the gun i am talking about photo ...
          Last edited by king; 10-29-2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

How are they doing now 420Cndee did you remove any leaf?
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I think I removed too much leaf as she slowed down for a couple days. and then in less than a week she was all leafy again lol.

Comment

But it did give time for some of the lower bud sites to get up higher I assume this is what I was hoping for.

Comment

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes that is what you are hoping for - and it's normal for an autoflower to pout for a few days after being abused.

• 420Cndee
                  420Cndee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  now that she has started flowering is there a certain time that is good to defoliate again?
                  she is full of leaves again.

45 days

Comment

If she doesn't mind the trimmining - snip open those bud sites. Do it every 3 or 4 days - keep opening bud sites.

I'll show you this autoflower - Blueberry - I snipped off leaves pretty much every second day - for a few weeks- and this is what she did.
                  ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                  Mars Hydro
                  Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Now see that's where I want to be now lol. I watch videos and everything else and think I have it down but then when I go to start snipping it just seems so daunting. But thanks for the advice I will try that .

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X