True North Seedbank fraud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True North Seedbank fraud?

I can't be the only forum member with problems relating to TNSB. https://www.trustpilot.com/review/truenorthseedbank.com I'm one of the recent reviews. They took my money in April. Cancelled my order. (They did, not me.) Re-ordered after a month long wait for an e-mail reply. Waited another month. They finally sent...something...in non-stealth packaging...and of course the border people swept it up. No problem, I think. I have the insurance. Since I missed the entire growing season I suggested a credit for the merchandise only and they could keep the shipping and handling charges since at that point I figured they had at least done something and were working with me. That was in July. Absolutely no contact since even though I've tried to contact them several times. I have no real legal recourse as we're still in the stone age as far as Washington is concerned so I'm out the $. I've read where people are out $$$$$$ after ordering 1000's of seeds and getting zip. Those people were in many cases returning customers who had previously had a good experience.

Something is wrong with these folks. E-mail and phone support is non-existent. My bank balked at the transaction and said the funds were going to go to Beijing which I thought odd for a Canadian business. And isn't weed legal in Canada? Why would they need an offshore bank for a legal business?

I'm just rambling now, sorry. Most of my order was high cbd autoflowering strains for a summer grow on the deck. Needless to say that didn't happen.

I know there is no way for me to fix this but if I can get people to at least check closer on the businesses we're all working with then it was worth it.
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Sorry to hear about your experience, I’ve not used them and wouldn’t even before your review. For me personally I will only order from inside the US since that way you eliminate at least one source of interference in getting your beans.

Comment

Sorry to hear also. I'm Canadian and I'm been ordering my beans from them https://ca.trustpilot.com/review/coffeeshopseeds.com, so far never had a problem with them. Their rating is 4.6.
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Yup - I've ordered from them - 3 different times - third order germination rate was so low i I decided to complain.
        They answered by telling me to contact the seed producers as they are just middlemen.
        They get ya into their website by having an extravagant amount of seeds being offered - problem is - all the best and most popular seeds are 'out of stock.

But that was a few years ago - Crop King Seeds ain't much better - and they are the seed producer.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I've since ordered from Seedsman (an issue there is why I was at TNSB to begin with) and have my CBD autoflowers started in the tent. I just wanted to let the GWE community know that something has happened with that company. Jump around the reviews and it is just maddening. No shipment, wrong shipment, not honoring their commitments to us regarding insurance, when you finally get a reply and seemingly strike a deal and then zip. Oh, yea, then they offer a discount for your next order to make up for you never getting seeds to begin with! The frigging gall!

We all know Covid messed us up. If they can't get product in they can't send product out. But why not just be straight about it? A rapid resolution and satisfactory explanation and I'd give them another crack next time. Not now, I'm afraid. That ship sailed.
          TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
          EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
          AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
          IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• Xena
            Xena commented
            Editing a comment
            In my experience I don’t think most people will be straight with you and I can’t figure out why. If you’re up front with me then I’ll cut you some slack but a lot of places will lie to you and then wonder why you’re upset. People are stupid. One thing that is really getting to me lately is when you order food for pick up and they tell you 20-25 min. and then you get there after 25 min and still have to wait for another half hour. If it’s gonna be 45-50 min. just say that don’t make me wait in your restaurant especially since everywhere is trying to reduce contact since the Rona started.

I swear it's like pulling the handle on slot machines dealing online with companies now. I did not like to answer same questions with Vipar dealing with my lamp. Over and over different " Alice " would ask same question. But i kept polite about it ( amazing for me dealing with so much ass jackets this year ) and kept emailing. Real sorry that company jerk you around, i will never go to there seed bank. I so sick of scammers and cheaters nowaday they are everywhere.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I only order from ILGM. Some say they’re more expensive. I say they’re worth it. Seeds ALWAYS come out strong, are always in stock and arrive within a week from your payment going through.

Comment

Apologies for TNSB being Canadian. I have never used them and now I never will after viewing that link. Making Canadians feel bad.

Comment

Something seems odd OlderNOTwiser. Dont know why your funds were going to China..their in Toronto. I have ordered from them, slight screw up with my order but was rectified after a phone call(dont bother e-mailing them..you'll never get a reply) I have now started ordering from Canuk seeds(they sell same seeds and strains as true north) but very reliable. Just ordered 16 seeds Oct 12 and got them yesterday. Granted i am from Canada so im not dealing with the border shitshow. Have a look at canuk seeds next time your shopping.
                Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                Canna Coco/perlite
                General Hydroponics Flora Series
                Cal/Mag.

Comment

Wow.. that is a sucky situation!! What can you do now?!?
                  Ouch!!!
                  I haven't ordered seeds at all but am planning to soon.. It'd be nice to be able to from a reputable place...😊 (Chances?!?)

Comment

OlderNOTwiser I would chalk it up as a loss. make a point to send them a reminder at least once a month. They might accidentally get their s*** together and pay up like they should for loyal customers. For now keep growing.

I went through a similar situation several years back. Later received an email possibly in spam Wanting me to post a review on my order. I replied “honey I will post you the damnedest review you ever seen if you just send me my seeds, please”. Received an email your order has been processed. happy happy. Posted a good review but never ordered from them again. happy growing.

I try to make smaller orders just in case so it won't hurt as bad, Got to keep growing.

Seed Supreme got me a couple years ago ain't made it right yet.
                    Perpetual Harvests
                    Set up: 6 x 6 Grow room https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...lies/smile.png [ Home made],2-spyder farmer,3 best VA. 12/12 Flowering...4X4 tent,18hours light for Autos and starting photos in veg. 2 mars hydro.
                    Bonsai clones & feminized Started to move outdoors in season.
                    2 Exhaust fans -- 3 Circulate intake fans. as needed, all wide open currently. Potting soil Mixed with homemade organic, perlite, peat moss, Worm castings.

“On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations” (Revelation 22:2).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X