Curing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curing

Good morning guys. I wanted to ask you more experts, what is the best moment to pass from the drying phase to the cure? This is the photo of my last harvest, which I started caring for in jars after about a week of drying but it turned out to be too early because, although I let the buds breathe more hours a day, they felt damp for a week. do you take the breaking of smaller branches for good? or do you use other methods? Thanks!

Originally posted by AlessandroLoco View Post
    Good morning guys. I wanted to ask you more experts, what is the best moment to pass from the drying phase to the cure? This is the photo of my last harvest, which I started caring for in jars after about a week of drying but it turned out to be too early because, although I let the buds breathe more hours a day, they felt damp for a week. do you take the breaking of smaller branches for good? or do you use other methods? Thanks!
    HI, as I've read(and there is a lot of information about this) there is no correct answer, it depends on the humidity and air circulation in the drying room and of course the place where are you living, but the branches should crack and gently squize the buds and you should ear a cracking sound like cereals, normally it take 4/5 days for drying

Take a look on this 2 videos by pigeons 420

https://youtu.be/peWVuJsd9fI drying

https://youtu.be/edwYiiQ1YmI curing

Last edited by Greenmind; 10-22-2020, 05:00 AM.

Comment

What is your RH? The temp? I will remove bud from jars if the moisture is to great, rack it and let it air a few hours, then back to the jar. I also use cardboard boxes to dry in (slows the dry for me) until stable.
      As a note mold grows at or above 55% RH.

Comment

I let them hang until the branches won’t easily bend. Once they get stiff and snap when bent they’re ready for jars. Sometimes they’ll need to be aired out in a few days, especially with dense buds in the summer bc it’s really humid where I’m located

Comment

Well i place the buds in brown paper sack roll down closed. Leave alot of air space in the bag and let them sit for a day or so. Put them back into jar after and continue to burp leave lid off for hr. I feel the bud in the jars every day i burp when they are new. Then when they feel just a tad moist i will go 2-3 days and burp and look at them. I've placed them in jars too soon like you they felt ready but nope the stems are still a bit green causes moister in jars so i put all of it back in a paper bag even for just a day and they dry more evenly. Do check them and burp those buds are looking great but may be too green yet.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Well I let the girls dry from 5 to 7 and sometime a bit more before putting them in our Mason jars. The room is dark and cool, the humidity is around 50%HR and the temperature is close to 20C. I like to burp early in the morning for 30mins and late at night for 15mins.

I burp my beer first then the jars LOL
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

After I dry mine or think they are dry, I'll put them in mason jars, with a hygrometer in it, if it's to high, you just keep burping the jars till it gets like you want it,
            Seems to me it smokes an burns much better at around 58-59percent than it does at 62percent.
            If you put them in jars an roll it around an around, an the buds stick together ,you need to air it out some more.
            GoodLuck with yours.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Oh yes I burp my hash also... Not as often as my nugs but then I know a thing or two if not more non ? Look my preference is hash, but then you need to know what kind of strains is better for it regardless if it Sativa or Indica, Et bien it's my humble opinion.
              Last edited by Farmbuck; 10-22-2020, 07:49 PM.
              Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
              Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
              Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
              Full auto grow
              Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
              12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X