Please allow me to introduce myself, and ask some basic witch questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please allow me to introduce myself, and ask some basic witch questions

Please allow me to introduce myself, I am a man of poverty yet taste, I've been around for about 30 years, stolen many a man's girl and bud.

Okay, not really, but I couldn't think of anything else that would fit into the rhythm.

Okay but seriously, hey I've been a semi-serious yet very enthusiastic smoker for about 3 or 4 years now and am looking into starting a small grow after the holidays, budget won’t really allow for it until then. I'm not even remotely a green thumb since I have that ADHD pickiness with what gets my attention, and gardening never entered the mix until bud got involved in my life. Unfortunately, there aren't really any dispenseries that are close enough to my remote rural area that delivers, so I'd have to either rely on the black-market or grow something myself. Which is why I'm here!

My plan is to get a CoolGrows 2x2x4 grow tent since there's very limited room in my apartment for anything else and I don't feel confident in my wiring skills at all, so spacebucket is out. Small and user friendly are my top priorities and a grow tent seems to fit that perfectly. Discretion is not an issue since my room doesn't get much foot traffic. Dimensions may change, I have to finish moving some furniture around before I write anything in stone.

I may not get the CoolGuys tent specifically because I'd rather spend more and shop at my local hydroponics store because I'm a big fan of buying local and it might help integrate me into the local community better so that's another plus of buying local. But I haven't been able to make my way there yet since mobility is an issue for me currently, so I'm not sure what their stock looks like. This caveat will go for all future points.I'm definitely leaning toward coco coir since that seems fairly beginner friendly, and bugs and parasites are a huge consideration for me in my area and house, so I definitely don't wanna work with conventional soil. So I’m absolutely going to have to stock up on all the proper nutrients, but I want to hold off planning which nutrients to get to tailor my purchase to the specific strain I plan on growing, which is up in the air as of the writing of this post.

So I guess that's my first question.

What would be a good strain for a small indoor grow? My environment is very humid, current local humidity at 4am in late October is 90%! I'm going to be using coco coir if that's a factor. But I'd like a high yield to compensate for the limited space, preferably a sativa dominant hybrid with high thc, I got that chronic pain and chronic brain fog.

Looking forward to meeting you all and sharing my journey!
    “Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not.”- Uncle Iroh

I can’t help with specifics but you’re doing the right thing by planning before you start. I’m a seasoned smoker but newbie grower and made all the mistakes newbs make. Do the research before growing and you avoid problems rather than having to solve them - the tutorials here are a good place to start.

I’m no expert but managed the wiring and a few other bits and bobs in setting up my tent - no matter the problem, there’s a solution on the net someplace. The folks here are good at helping with advice too.

And remember - you can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need. Follow the tutorials and you won’t find yourself in a situation where you can’t get no satisfaction!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenganja View Post
    And remember - you can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need. Follow the tutorials and you won’t find yourself in a situation where you can’t get no satisfaction!
    Excellent attitude to have, and definitely something I should keep in mind.
    “Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not.”- Uncle Iroh

Comment

I prefer autoflowers - easy to grow - and easy to keep short. To keep them short- plan on a smaller pot - 2 gallons is what I use. Sativas are generally taller than indicas - one can buy autoflowers that have a higher percentage of sativa in it.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I’m new too and am still tweaking my setup. If I may I’d like to ask a couple questions.
        You say discretion isn’t an issue so why such a short tent? I’m in a 6’ and don’t have tons of extra headroom.
        What about coco makes it so noob friendly? I’ve seen tons of posts on here from people that didn’t really understand what they were doing with coco and made mistakes with it. I’m in soil and not really a green thumb myself that’s why I’m really looking into a good living soil for my next time.

Comment

Hey from up North... You say you are in a high humidity area. Maybe autos would be a good choice for you. Like what Canuck147 is saying. Do you a bit of research on strains which suit you the best. Here is website that you will enjoy : https://moldresistantstrains.com/8-r...-wet-climates/
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Stones fan, your at the right place.
            I got a 2x2x4 tent myself, lots easier to hide than my other one.
            In my 2x2, I normally grow4autos, in 2gallon pots, in soil, an in 90days, most of it has been cured in jars for 2weeks. Normally get between 4-8ozs,dry,
            My advice would be to get you a quantum board type light led light, real cheap price but they work great in that small tent.The one I been using here lately is Hlg100, it does fine, it ain't but 100watts, I'm thinking about getting one of the newer150watt, lights, I believe it will do a little better in that small tent.
            GoodLuck ,Lucifer, jus kidn bout the Lucifer part.
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X