Help first time harvesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help first time harvesting

First time grower and harvesting. I am seeking some input on a branch I harvested from my Auto Amnesia (outside grow in Northeast US). Being a first time grower I am a little unsure of the color on the buds and not sure if the brown area is natural color or if I should be worried about mold. We had some cool nights in the 40s and then a few rainy days and the plant has turned a little purple. It’s going to be close to 70 on Friday and I would like to harvest the rest of the plant this weekend assuming she’s still good. I don’t know for sure but I think it’s ok. Can anyone provide help based off the pics?? Thank you in advance.

Great looking buds gman! I'm not seeing anything that jumps out at me as a caution sign. I do see a little bit of brown but if that is bud rot, it is in the very early stages. If you have a scope that you check trichomes with, I would pry open the area of bud in question and pull a little leaf sample from the middle. Put that under the scope and see if you find any fine hairs or what looks to be mold in there. Hopefully you don't see anything out of the ordinary, because those look fun to smoke.

Comment

Pretty looking flowers. I think strains that turn dark or reddish bronze before harvest are right up there with any other flower appearance wise. Your buds look good to me, nice and ripe. As previously mentioned just give it a good check when you’re putting it into jars and make sure you don’t see any fuzzy stuff. When I have really dense buds I like to leave a little more leaves on it while hanging to slow down the drying process. Otherwise the outside will feel really dry so you put them in jars and a few days later after the moisture gets pulled out of the center they’ll be damp again. If I dry with about 50% of the leaves still on it’s a more even dry but takes longer.

Comment

FYI you have white powdery mold on you leaves be cautious of that as it can spread and you definitely don't want it on your buds, as far as your buds go they look fine.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          His name ain't Mr.furley for nothin,lol
          I need to take you huntin with me, you got good eyeballs, I might see something then.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys,
          Anytime D.A.A.S.69 looking at 4 to 8 inchs of snow tomarrow then a cool snap 2f for a low, elk just started talking and rifle season opens Saturday. Weather is early this year and the game is moving.

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          The whitetail deer are on the move and the squirrels won’t stop barking in my neck of the woods. We don’t have elk in these parts. Such a majestic animal. I imagine calling one of them in would be more exciting than calling in a long beard which gets my blood pumping!

Thank you everybody, I appreciate your help. I did see those leaves on that one side with the white powdery stuff. Can I carefully cut that off and leave that outside and check the buds or should I cut and remove the whole branch?

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Get a wet paper towel, you can use hydrogen peroxide or water to grab the leaf and cut it off and get it out of there, it's an Airborne mildew so it will travel if you blow on it dry.

Thank you!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X