Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Too agitated!

Hi,

I'm Jamie and new to the site (will post some prized photos when I find them). They're quite funny! I do have a problem, however, but I think with some help I can save the day. Vice-versa you can ask me anything about anything and I'll help where I can.

O.K. here's the problem. I was making bubble hash and I think most of the good stuff went straight through the bags due to being over agitated. I froze the liquid, though, containing the goodies and bought a high alcohol content bottle of vodka thinking I could boil it down with the dope and make hash that way. And this is where I'm at/stuck.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Jamie.

What about placing the block of ice (hash water) bag into some of the bags and letting it melt, see what stays within the bags? I've had all my material in a 220 micron bag , with ice, in a 5 gallon bucket. I agitate in there and then pull the bag. I then pour that bucket of water into another bucket that has my multiple layers of bags ready to go. That is something you can try too.

I'm not so sure you can add vodka, boil it down and then have hash. The only time I've used alcohol as a solvent was in making RSO and tinctures. But with your starting material of a block of ice, I'm not so sure how to get there either. Best bet probably letting it melt back in your bags.... I think.

Comment

• Grover1635
      Grover1635 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man. I was thinking (lol) of thawing it and drinking it too. I've got about 6 frozen bottles. Can't hurt to try your idea on one of them. Will update how it goes. Cheers Jamie.

As you heat the alcohol it evaporates and takes the THC with it.

Comment

• Grover1635
      Grover1635 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Rwise. The only other thing to do is drink the shit-the frozen pot not the grog! That'd be the end of me lol if I drank the vodka. I might make a flame thrower out of the vodka.

Chadwestspot, I owe you an ounce. It worked and I got quite a bit out of it (pardon the pun). I'm starting to think it's best to just leave the bags overnight when making it with trimmings but learning as you go works for me.

Funny ending though. Was just about to pull the last bag but accidently kicked the esky over containing about 5 litres of broth. Glad it wasn't 5 litres of bong water. I knew I kept the old flanno shirts for a reason.

Comment

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      The first time I did bubble hash, I didn't realize the waste water would be sticky, so I just dumped it down the shower drain. The wife was like, WTF happened to the floor in the tub? I had to lol and then go clean. Live and learn . Oh geez, I almost forgot the smell of spilled bong water, non pleasant.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X