Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best air setup in my growing room and tent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best air setup in my growing room and tent?

Hi everyone,

the air/humidity/exhaust/humidity/temperature thing is making me as novice grower just struggle and any help would be highly appreciated

My setup:
    Growbox Mammoth Classic 60 (2x2x5.5)

Exhaust fan ventilution, 145/187 m3/h, https://ventilation-system.com/product/tt-100
    Oscillating ventilator
    LED Plant Photonics Amethyst DS 100W
    https://plantphotonics.com/product/a...energy-ds-100/
    3 x 2-galon softpots
    LightMix biobizz

The room my tent is in:
    129 sq ft and two windows (Floor heating switched off)

Inside room temp.:
    74 (floor temp. 72.5)

Outside temp.:
    57 day, 41 at night with tendency to decrease to 32 within next 2 months
    1. Should I switch on the fan right when the seeding is popped out in soil or directly when placing the seeding into soil?
    2. Would it be enough fresh air in room without opening a window and not risking too cold air coming inside or should I keep one window slightly open for more air to come in and switch the floor heating for keep room temperature on 73/74 degree while placing the tent on a pedestal in order to avoid too much heat underneath the pots?
    3. What about exhaust air? Should I open the 2nd window next to tent for let air out or is the room size just fine for enough CO2 for overnight at least when the door is closed?
    4. The exhaust has two speeds. Should I start at the beginning with lower speed (right when placing the seeding in the soil) in order to keep the humidity at 60% or more, because I am afraid with too much exhaust the humidity will lower?
    5. How to keep with my setup the best humidity and lower it later on on 40-50% in reflection of the room setup? Is it by initially using a humidifier while later using a dehumidifier?
    6. Are household machines from point 4 fine for my setup?
    I understand that I will learn by doing, but possibly there is someone out there who has an idea if my setup is find and how to make the best out of it? 🙈

Yo answer your first question. Im very fond of Infinity. I have 2 and t6 and t8. They have a probe that goes in the tent and measures heat and humidity and after you set up the control box you can preset it to your ideal temp and RH. Easy cheezy.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

1- You can turn on the oscillating fan at either point. It's function is to prevent stagnant air in the tent and to provide a little push back on the plants to help them build stronger stems.

2- Most likely you will not need to open the window for fresh air. You need to be careful of bugs that could come from outside, but you also don't want your smelly inside air to leave without going through the filter.

3- You can exhaust into your lung room. If you have no neighbors or snooping eyes, I would vent it out the window, but its hard to do that and remain discreet. The benefit of CO2 is debatable if you are not in a sealed room, which a tent isn't. I suggest get comfortable with all of the other environmental factors before worrying about manipulating that one.

4- You have the right idea. Play with it. Start it at low and if it is pulling to much and reducing RH, add a humidifier or look for a variable speed controller for the fan. Knowing the CFM of the fan can do the math of how quickly it will cycle the air through your tent.

5- Yes, those two tools will help you maintain strict environmental controls. You'll also find heat / temp can be used to play with RH as well. Your mainly going to want the proper temp and RH in the lung room which should translate similarly in the tent.

6- I'm not familiar with that machine or brand.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X