Looking For Advice on Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking For Advice on Grow

Fairly new to growing. My baby is 3 weeks old (bag seed), sitting in a 1 gallon plastic container atm. Lights are: 2x 40w and 3x 13w cfl bulbs.

My questions are: should I re-pot my plant? Do I risk killing it if I do? When should I start "topping"? I'd appreciate any help, even if they're tips on different things! Thanks.

May want to start with reading how to grow weed in the tutorials here on this site. Plenty of info. for beginners.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
      May want to start with reading how to grow weed in the tutorials here on this site. Plenty of info. for beginners.
      Can't believe I didn't think about that. Perhaps it will show me how to germinate a seed, or recommend a grow tent?

Thank you for your valuable input.

Comment

• buds73
        buds73 commented
        Editing a comment
        well you have a plant and a tent so it seems you got that covered. The advice given above is good advice. When i first joined this forum i was told pretty much the same as you and i felt a little offended by it just as you appear to be with the sarcasm in your comment but it was the best advice i was given. I myself have been read through most of the tutorial on this site but i still read it probably a couple of times a week. The answers to your questions are there.
        Judging by the fact that you have what appears to be cocktail sticks holding your plant upright at the base i would say your plants stretched a bit so need more light. Yes you should re-pot at some point unless you want it to stay small, and no it won't kill your plant if you do it right. As for topping i think most do that when plant gets 5-6 nodes.
        The only other advice i would give is leave out any sarcasm or attitude out of your comments it doesn't sit well here and will only hinder any help people may be willing to give.

You need a lot more light then what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfish View Post
        You need a lot more light then what you have.
        Suspected as much. Will add to shopping list. Thanks

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
          UndergroundFarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          A good T5 fluorescent panel is a good investment starting out to keep costs down. Plus, once you can afford better you will always have a use for the T5 in starting seeds or rooting clones or keeping a few mother plants.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X