Mold!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mold!?

Hi all! I have been curing for about 13 days now, I did everything I was to do before hand, dry hanging upside down for about 4 days, buds dry on the outside and then put in jar and opened jar everyday.
    today I open jar and see this!!! Is this MOLD?
    its suppose to be bloody skunk auto,
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170122_092057.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.63 MB ID:	46135
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170122_085600.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	3.32 MB
ID:	46136 ​​​​​​​
    Last edited by Bklyndiaz; 01-22-2017, 09:43 AM.

How does it smell? Is it appealing or gives you goosebumps?

Comment

• Bklyndiaz
      Bklyndiaz commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure I think it smells like pine, my girlfriend thinks it smells good!

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Then all is well. Rotten bud smells and tastes kinda bad. Not appealing at all. even piss like or sour

• Bklyndiaz
      Bklyndiaz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, 9fingerleafs, gonna keep an eye on it!
      As I look at it Thur a jewelers loupe, it looks like small suguar dots,

To be honest it looks like mold to me. I personally haven't noticed any smell from budrot- aka gray mold/botrytis, and I get it all too often. I'd keep a hygrometer in the jar to make sure your RH is in acceptable limits.
    But first pry a bud or two open and check the centers- if they feel spongy and wet, they're too wet still. If they have a pale yellowish/gray appearance in the centers then open them up and dry them asap to save what's left.
    Last edited by Weasel; 01-22-2017, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Bklyndiaz
      Bklyndiaz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Weasel, I'm afraid it is also, so I removed the ones that had MOLD on them, I now have the buds on my tent floor on paper towel, will that help? And for his long overnight?
      OR should I just call it a loss and toss them?
      Thanks, for you advise

It ruins it. I'd not smoke that. Chuck it start over. I do not think four days hung to dry was enough time. Minimum I have let hang dry was seven days. That's not good bud anymore sorry.

Comment

I'd pull them apart into smaller pieces and dry them fairly quickly. If they have that pale slimy appearance inside - the rot attracts moisture to itself and gets worse very quickly. I use lightly damaged buds for bubble hash or qwiso and toss the worst out. Some would say to toss it all - I don't

Comment

• Weasel
        Weasel commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd comment that it's not the drying time necessarily. Three days drying even is ok as long as it gets dried. I prefer longer. It's just that you didn't dry it enough before jarring. Get some hygrometers it really takes the guesswork out.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X