Decent dehumidifier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent dehumidifier?

I’ve just flipped my plants and I want to lower the humidity to about 40%. It’s currently hovering around 60%. I bought a cheap dehumidifier. It didn’t seem to lower the humidity level although it did collect a little bit of water. I’m going to return it because I don’t think it’s up to scratch. Can anyone recommend a dehumidifier that will do a good job. My grow space is 3 ft x 2 ft. There’s room for a decent size dehumidifier in there. I just need to know which one will do the job and can be bought in the uk.

cheers

My advice, don’t waste your money on one of those small dehumidifiers to place inside your tent. Instead get a dehumidifier big enough for the room your tent is in. My grow room is 7ft by 12ft so I have a dehumidifier that’ll handle 150sqft and it works great.

Comment

What size is the room that the grow space is in? Most likely you will have to reduce the RH in the whole room. You should probably be looking at 30+ pint models, maybe much larger if the room is big and you want to pull the RH down 20%.

Comment

Ok. Great advice. I’ll try that, thanks.

Comment

Hi Danielhbonnie! Just a warning to not skimp on a cheap dehumidifier. I used to own one that was a house brand for Menards (a big home improvement store in the US) and ran it to a target humidity level 24/7, only to find out by happenstance that it was recalled because it had started fires. Now I use a Frigidaire 70 pint model and target around 40% RH and leave it on 24/7 and it’s been running well for years. Also, always register your dehumidifier so that if there is ever a recall, the manufacturer can contact you and you’ll stay safe.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X